PDA

View Full Version : Just a WOW comment

just strum
July 26th, 2008, 11:29 AM
I plugged my Fender Strat in to the Vjr last night and for some reason it just sounded different, even better than normal. Unplugged the Strat, plugged in the Wildkat, same result and then followed with the Dot.

I don't know if it was just hitting on a setting or what, but the difference was very noticeable.

Just an observation, no technical jargon.

tot_Ou_tard
July 26th, 2008, 12:10 PM
I'll throw in some technical jargon.

Did you let it WARM up more than usual?

I get much better tone when my Champion 600 has been on for about an hour, than I do when it isn't warmed up.

I've often had the experience of going ehh, why did I think this sounded good & by the time it gets good & warm saying O YEAH it has that sweet tone.

If I let it warm up before playing, it sounds great right away.

You should also try a clean boost. If you don't have one turn the gain all the way down & the volume all the way up on your lowest gain OD.

duhvoodooman
July 26th, 2008, 12:12 PM
Didja do anything notably different setting it up? Change your signal chain at all? Different cable? Move the position of the amp? Drink a 6-pack of Heineken or do some Cuervo Gold shots just before? :D

OTOH, sometimes our ears just seem to be in a particularly happy/receptive mood.... :rockon:

Or it could just be the superb tone and repsonsiveness of that little gem of an amp! Where again did you get that, Strum? ;)

just strum
July 26th, 2008, 12:32 PM
OTOH, sometimes our ears just seem to be in a particularly happy/receptive mood.... :rockon:
I think that was part of it.

Or it could just be the superb tone and repsonsiveness of that little gem of an amp! Where again did you get that, Strum? ;)
1) I can tell you that it wasn't from the same guy I bought this from.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/auroraohio/Guitars/Picture014-2.jpg

2) DVM is a gear god, Clapton a mere Prophet.

Plank_Spanker
July 27th, 2008, 02:21 PM
No technical jargon needed. Sometimes you plug into an amp and it's sonic nirvana..........................sometimes it's not.

street music
July 28th, 2008, 07:26 PM
Maybe your new makeup has something to do with it STRUM:beer: :beer:

just strum
July 28th, 2008, 07:50 PM
Maybe your new makeup has something to do with it STRUM:beer: :beer:

Revlon?

The Wayner
August 2nd, 2008, 10:30 AM
I pastor a small church and play guitar as well. There are times I walk in and the sound from amp and PA is completely different than previous service. The settings are not changed from service to service. I think it's from accoustics in the church differing because of weather?!? However it is funny how things can sound so much better time to time.