PDA

View Full Version : OK Strum

luvmyshiner
July 26th, 2008, 05:32 PM
It's driving me crazy already. Let's see the new acoustic. Whatdidyaget???:bravo:

evenkeel
July 26th, 2008, 05:54 PM
It's driving me crazy already. Let's see the new acoustic. Whatdidyaget???:bravo:

What he said!!!!!

just strum
July 26th, 2008, 06:18 PM
Patience, Grasshopper. The praying mantis teaches us speed and patience. And from the tiger we learn tenacity and power. And from the dragon we learn to ride the wind. All creatures, the low and the high, are one with nature. If we have the wisdom to learn, all may teach us their virtues. Between the fragile beauty of the praying mantis and the fire and passion of the winged dragon, there is no discord. Between the supple silence of the snake and the eagle's claws, there is only harmony. As no two elements of nature are in conflict so when we perceive the ways of nature, we remove conflict within ourselves and discover a harmony of body and mind in accord with the flow of the universe. It may take half a lifetime to master one system."

warren0728
July 26th, 2008, 06:25 PM
Patience, Grasshopper. The praying mantis teaches blah blah blah blah take half a lifetime to master one system."
where are the damn pictures....at least tell us what you decided on.... :poke:

ww

just strum
July 26th, 2008, 06:29 PM
It is a simple no frills guitar, nothing spectacular, but a guitar that will serve the purpose and bring back memories of one I use to own.

It hasn't arrived yet and will not arrive for a couple of weeks. You know the guys that make cookies inside a tree? Well, I didn't buy it from them. Sorry I can not divulge anymore.

Really, you should just move along folks, nothing to see here.

luvmyshiner
July 26th, 2008, 07:50 PM
And from the dragon we learn to break wind.

That's the only thing that made any sense to me.

tot_Ou_tard
July 26th, 2008, 09:09 PM
That's the only thing that made any sense to me.
Never, ever, EVER, EEEEEVVVVVEEEEERRRRRR break wind near a dragon.

I'm not falling for that trick twice....

Kazz
July 26th, 2008, 10:00 PM
Never, ever, EVER, EEEEEVVVVVEEEEERRRRRR break wind near a dragon.

I'm not falling for that trick twice....

http://www.dragonspace.co.uk/fire%20breathing%20green%20dragon.jpg

pes_laul
July 26th, 2008, 10:53 PM
Patience, Grasshopper. The praying mantis teaches us speed and patience. And from the tiger we learn tenacity and power. And from the dragon we learn to ride the wind. All creatures, the low and the high, are one with nature. If we have the wisdom to learn, all may teach us their virtues. Between the fragile beauty of the praying mantis and the fire and passion of the winged dragon, there is no discord. Between the supple silence of the snake and the eagle's claws, there is only harmony. As no two elements of nature are in conflict so when we perceive the ways of nature, we remove conflict within ourselves and discover a harmony of body and mind in accord with the flow of the universe. It may take half a lifetime to master one system."
ok where did you copy and paste that one:rotflmao:

spt
July 27th, 2008, 10:30 AM
The praying mantis teaches us speed and patience. And from the tiger we learn tenacity and power. And from the dragon we learn to ride the wind. All creatures, the low and the high, are one with nature. If we have the wisdom to learn, all may teach us their virtues. Between the fragile beauty of the praying mantis and the fire and passion of the winged dragon, there is no discord. Between the supple silence of the snake and the eagle's claws, there is only harmony. As no two elements of nature are in conflict so when we perceive the ways of nature, we remove conflict within ourselves and discover a harmony of body and mind in accord with the flow of the universe. It may take half a lifetime to master one system."

Thanks, I needed that. My chakra was slightly out of wack lately. Since reading this, it got torqued back in shape so fast it didn't make sense.

just strum
July 27th, 2008, 10:45 AM
Thanks, I needed that. My chakra was slightly out of wack lately. Since reading this, it got torqued back in shape so fast it didn't make sense.

Well, I certainly didn't write it - just an out take from a Kung Fu episode.

spt
July 27th, 2008, 10:54 AM
Oh, poop... That's some let-down.

just strum
August 3rd, 2008, 05:43 AM
Okay Shiner, hint or teaser.

I guess I'm about three weeks away, but here's a little taste.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/auroraohio/Guitars/DSC07348.jpg

The pick guard appears green, but it's just reflection from outdoor shot.

tot_Ou_tard
August 3rd, 2008, 06:09 AM
The pick guard appears green, but it's just reflection from outdoor shot.
I read that line as:

The pick guard appears green, but it's just reflection from outdoor snot.

Which I am sure is the more accurate quote.

just strum
August 3rd, 2008, 06:21 AM
I read that line as:

The pick guard appears green, but it's just reflection from outdoor snot.

Which I am sure is the more accurate quote.

Sorry, I have a cold.

evenkeel
August 3rd, 2008, 07:00 AM
Tacoma??????

luvmyshiner
August 3rd, 2008, 07:03 AM
Interesting bridge Strummy. Can't say I've ever seen one quite like that.

just strum
August 3rd, 2008, 07:05 AM
Tacoma??????

Ummm, yes, but still no.

just strum
August 4th, 2008, 05:05 PM
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/auroraohio/DSC07351.jpg

Katastrophe
August 4th, 2008, 07:05 PM
That's it.... you are a bad, bad, man until you show the full pic.

This just ain't right.

Give up the rest of the pics, man!

luvmyshiner
August 4th, 2008, 08:31 PM
You know you're a bastard don't you.:thwap: SHOW US THE GUITAR ALREADY . . .

Tease . . .

peachhead
August 4th, 2008, 08:37 PM
I swear that looks like a Tacoma bridge, but damned if I understand the Yes and No answer. Sheeeessh.

Rocket
August 4th, 2008, 08:55 PM
I swear that looks like a Tacoma bridge, but damned if I understand the Yes and No answer. Sheeeessh.
This is a Tacoma Bridge, (also known as Galloping Gertie!):

http://www.eskimo.com/~bpentium/narrowsb.jpg

peachhead
August 4th, 2008, 09:00 PM
No wonder I was confused :D

sunvalleylaw
August 4th, 2008, 10:08 PM
This is a Tacoma Bridge, (also known as Galloping Gertie!):

http://www.eskimo.com/~bpentium/narrowsb.jpg

I drove over that a couple times in the last two weeks. :D Yeah, I would have guessed a Tacoma too. I don't get all the cloak and dagger stuff, but what the hey. :beer:

just strum
August 5th, 2008, 10:23 AM
I drove over that a couple times in the last two weeks. :D Yeah, I would have guessed a Tacoma too. I don't get all the cloak and dagger stuff, but what the hey. :beer:

I don't have it yet, so I was going to wait, but then saw the opportunity to get Shiner wound up:poke: Oh, and obviously Katastrophe.

Think of it as my version of Spud's last posted striptease.

Oh, and the answer is still yes, but no.

spt
August 5th, 2008, 11:19 AM
[...] but then saw the opportunity to get Shiner wound up [...]

Masterful job, indeed...

just strum
August 5th, 2008, 05:36 PM
You know you're a bastard don't you.:thwap: SHOW US THE GUITAR ALREADY . . .

Tease . . .

I have, twice already. No, make that three times.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/auroraohio/DSC07353.jpg

evenkeel
August 5th, 2008, 06:34 PM
LOL!!! :D

Strum my man, you may be my new hero!! Funny stuff.

Now show us the damn guitar!!! :poke:

just strum
August 5th, 2008, 06:38 PM
SPT, what do you think?

Kazz
August 6th, 2008, 04:31 AM
I think Strum is going through a phase where he is enjoying torturing us....its our annual paying of dues to keep him around another year.

just strum
August 6th, 2008, 10:11 AM
I think Strum is going through a phase where he is enjoying torturing us....its our annual paying of dues to keep him around another year.

It's not a phase, I enjoy it 24/7.

Rocket
August 6th, 2008, 11:16 AM
Yes & No = Olympia by Tacoma.

sunvalleylaw
August 6th, 2008, 03:02 PM
It's the water . . . and a lot more. Make sure it isn't infested by artesians! :D

just strum
August 6th, 2008, 04:03 PM
Yes & No = Olympia by Tacoma.

NO and NO, but yes sorta.

Tacoma is partially right.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/auroraohio/DSC07352.jpg

just strum
August 6th, 2008, 05:15 PM
ok, I certainly am not going to top EK's new toy, but here is what's coming.

It's a Orpheum OD19SWM made by Tacoma

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/auroraohio/DSC07346.jpg

I'm excited about getting it, so I will have that acoustic sound available to me again and a guitar to grab without having to plug in and power up.

Solid Mahogany sides and back, solid Spruce top.

A simple well made guitar, very plain, and fits exactly what I was looking for.

Rocket
August 6th, 2008, 05:48 PM
Would that be this one?

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b81/wingsdad/Orpheum%20OD19SWM/fullfront.jpg

just strum
August 6th, 2008, 05:57 PM
Don't know what that one is, I know it's this one

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/auroraohio/DSC07346.jpg

So what is that one?

Katastrophe
August 6th, 2008, 06:47 PM
Beautiful guitar, Strum. You are now redeemed and have "Good Guy" status again.

peachhead
August 6th, 2008, 06:54 PM
That looks mighty fine. I've never heard of Orpheum- did you play one locally or how did you know about it?

warren0728
nice looking guitar strum...but the jury is still out on the "good guy" status! :poke: :beer:

ww

just strum
Beautiful guitar, Strum. You are now redeemed and have "Good Guy" status again.

again??? Wasn't aware I had it to begin with.

warren0728
August 6th, 2008, 06:55 PM
exactly....look up one post! :pancake:

ww

just strum
August 6th, 2008, 06:58 PM
That looks mighty fine. I've never heard of Orpheum- did you play one locally or how did you know about it?

I had not played one or even heard of it. It was offered at a good price. I did a little digging and liked what I read. Then a fellow fretter did some checking for me and I liked what he found.

I wanted a decent guitar that didn't break the bank or put too big a dent in the cash for some other things - this was it.

just strum
August 6th, 2008, 07:00 PM
exactly....look up one post! :pancake:

ww

We posted at the same time, didn't realize you were on or I would have waited until the inevitable jab was posted.:poke:

warren0728
August 6th, 2008, 07:01 PM
We posted at the same time, didn't realize you were on or I would have waited until the inevitable jab was posted.:poke:
:beer: :poke: :beer:

just sayin'...

luvmyshiner
August 6th, 2008, 07:19 PM
Very nice Strum!:beer:

(ah . . . at last Shiner can breath again:AOK: )

Katastrophe
August 6th, 2008, 07:21 PM

It's a probationary title, subject to recall at any time...:D

street music
August 6th, 2008, 07:26 PM
Strum, nice acoustic, I'm not familiar with that one but it looks nice.

warren0728
August 6th, 2008, 07:30 PM
i thought orpheum was one of the girls prince dated and put in his movies and videos! :whatever: :thwap: :rotflmao:

ww

spt
August 6th, 2008, 11:40 PM
SPT, what do you think? Sorry Strum, just saw your post now...

Would that be this one?
Sharp eye you've got...
That green background reminds me of a vintage Daion too.

evenkeel
August 7th, 2008, 05:00 AM
Hey Strummy,
Nice looking new guitar. All solid woods. I'll bet she sounds terrific. Nicely done. :D

tjcurtin1
August 7th, 2008, 07:39 AM
Looks nice, Strum! It just wasn't right that you had no acoustic! I would have guessed Tacoma and then Olympia, too, after seeing the distinctive bridge. Whilst hunting my Tacoma, I never came across the Orpheum line (there's a great small-theater music venue in Boston by that name). Is it new, as in current production? Wondering if it represents Fender's new move for Tacoma?

sunvalleylaw
August 7th, 2008, 07:42 AM
Nice strum! Congrats!

wingsdad
August 7th, 2008, 08:07 AM
I would have guessed Tacoma and then Olympia, too, after seeing the distinctive bridge. Whilst hunting my Tacoma, I never came across the Orpheum line (there's a great small-theater music venue in Boston by that name). Is it new, as in current production? Wondering if it represents Fender's new move for Tacoma?
While Olympia was Tacoma's primary Asian-made clone brand, Orpheum was another, not as 'broad' a line and barely marketed (like the rest of Tacoma) Indonesian-made, a good bang for the buck.

As for Fender's next/new move for Tacoma? They ain't sayin' much, but my 2 cents guess is that whatever they do, they'll be imports. Unless they just kill the brand. They've got Takamine and Ovation and their sub-brands now that they bought Kaman, and they're making Guilds (or trying to) in the Ovation plant since scuttling the Tacoma factory.

just strum
August 15th, 2008, 04:48 PM
The Orpheum arrived today and I immediately realized how much the electric masked my crappy playing ability.

No pics, already posted enough.

Nice guitar and serves its purpose.

Thanks SPT, arrived in time for the weekend.

evenkeel
August 18th, 2008, 05:38 PM
Hey Mr. Strum,
Now that you have had time to bond with the new guitar what's the report? Any surprises? Glad to have an acoustic back in the herd?

luvmyshiner
August 18th, 2008, 06:21 PM
Good point Keel, it's about time for a report. Come on Strummy, you know you missed having an acoustic. Does she sound as good as she looks?