PDA

View Full Version : Which way does the toilet paper go?

Robert
July 26th, 2008, 05:52 PM
This a big question I've always pondered how others do it. :D

For me, it just HAS go to over, or else I can barely figure out how to get a sheet off.

just strum
July 26th, 2008, 06:25 PM
I can't believe you posted this. Certainly one of my top pet peeves and one that people find me nuts for being so anal about (pun intended).

It's over the top all the way. I am forever switching the rolls in our house.

Now for something that people find crazy - I will not go the bathroom in a public place, except if it's a urinal. So if I have to do the other, I drive home. Where I use to work was 30 miles from the house, if necessary I would drive home. I have pretty much trained my body and you can set a clock to it.

I know http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/auroraohio/Smiley/toomuchinfo.gif

warren0728
July 26th, 2008, 06:28 PM
yep...over the top...just look at the patterns and designs on the tp....you can see the design if you go over the top...if you go under.... you see the backside of the paper... :whatever:

ww

Rocket
July 26th, 2008, 06:30 PM
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/auroraohio/Smiley/toomuchinfo.gif
WAY!
(Get more meds!)

Steve206
July 26th, 2008, 07:11 PM
I have always said that there are only two kinds of people in this world,,

The ones who fold and The ones who crumple.

Steve

Katastrophe
July 26th, 2008, 08:14 PM
Gotta be over. It's impossible to do a one handed tp rip if the tp is going the other way. You could end up with a costly tp overrun, and that's just bad.

tot_Ou_tard
July 26th, 2008, 09:04 PM
OK, who are the freaks that voted under? :messedup: :rotflmao: :messedup:

Come on now fess-up. :poke: :D

& folding?!? :confused:

just strum
July 26th, 2008, 09:19 PM
...& folding?!? :confused:

As long as "putting in your pocket for later" isn't implied.

M29
July 26th, 2008, 09:29 PM
Robert asked,
Which way does the toilet paper go?

Back to front, duh...

M29

just strum
July 26th, 2008, 09:43 PM
Back to front, duh...

M29
:bravo:

peachhead
July 26th, 2008, 09:46 PM
Back to front, duh...

M29

:rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Definitely over, although if you ask my wife she will tell you it doesn't matter because I NEVER put a new roll out. :whatever:

player
July 26th, 2008, 10:08 PM
I look at it this way:when ya gotta go it doesn't matter direction as long as it takes care of the business at hand :eek: & yuk

Kazz
July 26th, 2008, 10:10 PM
UNDER....and I fold....never crumple

I am very particular about this...and always switch it around if the wife and kids neglect to put it on the correct way....and I did research that proved at least to me that the proper amount of resistance is only given if the paper goes under.....

just strum
July 26th, 2008, 10:10 PM
What about when you live south of the Equator?

tot_Ou_tard
July 26th, 2008, 10:16 PM
As long as "putting in your pocket for later" isn't implied.
My Dad used to get mad at me because he was a cheap bastard & he could hear the roll "spinning".

He told me that the proper way was to take 2 squares (2 friggin squares) & wipe & then fold & wipe & then fold again.

It reminds me of the cocktail bread scene from Spinal Tap.

I still think it's freakin obsessive to listen to the toilet paper roll from the other side of the bathroom door.

Kazz & Steve, how do you feel about folding now :D .

Spudman
July 26th, 2008, 10:33 PM
Over. It just makes sense.
Who wants to jam their fingers into the wall trying to get the end of the roll when you do it under style? :thwap: When it's over the end is hanging right there to grab.

So...do you know how to cook toilet paper?

Brown one side and toss it in the pot.:D

just strum
July 26th, 2008, 10:43 PM
My Dad used to get mad at me because he was a cheap bastard & he could hear the roll "spinning".

He told me that the proper way was to take 2 squares (2 friggin squares) & wipe & then fold & wipe & then fold again.

It reminds me of the cocktail bread scene from Spinal Tap.

I still think it's freakin obsessive to listen to the toilet paper roll from the other side of the bathroom door.

Reminds me of the Seinfeld episode: "I can't spare a square. I have no square to spare...

sumitomo
July 26th, 2008, 10:47 PM
What about when you live south of the Equator?

Dont ever use ortega,its like stinging nettel and there is other plants in the jungle that can leave a nasty rash.Use a rock if you run out of paper.:D Sumi

luvmyshiner
July 26th, 2008, 10:50 PM
Um, and y'all think I'm weird. IT'S TOILET PAPER PEOPLE, YOU'RE WIPING YOUR BUTT WITH IT.:confused:

Honestly, it doesn't matter which direction it's pointing, it's better than newpaper or a corn cob.:AOK:

Rocket
July 27th, 2008, 02:00 AM
How-To-Wipe-With-1-Square (http://www.feloniousramblings.com/2008/03/how-to-wipe-your-***-with-1-piece-of.html)

http://bp0.blogger.com/_6IU2QJqCQRM/R9YU9L9clqI/AAAAAAAAAi4/vpaDyuR6O44/s320/shitandxmas+046.jpg

Kazz
July 27th, 2008, 05:34 AM

For some reason this strikes me as utterly hilarious......mainly because my name is Steve too.....

It reminds me of that classic Schizophrenic gag....I'm ok and so am I......or kiss my twice I'm schizophrenic

street music
July 27th, 2008, 07:21 AM
It must be over the top, my butt won't hold still if it ain't over the top. Hey , Shiner, we don't use corn cobs for that anymore, it hurts toooooooooooo!
Newspaper ink comes off too bad now and the pages in the catalogs aren't worth using anymore, besides the 2 seater fell over the hill. How many on here ever used the ole OUTHOUSE?

tot_Ou_tard
July 27th, 2008, 07:29 AM
How-To-Wipe-With-1-Square (http://www.feloniousramblings.com/2008/03/how-to-wipe-your-***-with-1-piece-of.html)

http://bp0.blogger.com/_6IU2QJqCQRM/R9YU9L9clqI/AAAAAAAAAi4/vpaDyuR6O44/s320/shitandxmas+046.jpg
No need for the over/under discussion. Each day just put out the required number of squares for the family. Any visitor will get issued their's at the door.

Now that you no longer have visitors you can get back to playing the guitar ;).

By the way, Rocket's link doesn't work because the URL has the word *** in it & the forum software turned it into asterixes. Just put back in the "a" and two "s"' s.

just strum
July 27th, 2008, 09:08 AM
23 posts (24 counting this) in this thread - we really need to focus on guitar or something.

I'll never look at a roll of TP the same again.

luvmyshiner
July 27th, 2008, 10:45 AM
Now for something that people find crazy - I will not go the bathroom in a public place, except if it's a urinal. So if I have to do the other, I drive home. Where I use to work was 30 miles from the house, if necessary I would drive home. I have pretty much trained my body and you can set a clock to it.

I try not to do a number two at the office Strum, but for a different reason. It's not that I'm particularly paranoid about it, but we have a small office building, and . . . . I stink. . . really bad.:messedup:

I try to spare my office mates from that particular torture.

Spudman
July 27th, 2008, 12:10 PM
I try not to do a number two at the office Strum, but for a different reason. It's not that I'm particularly paranoid about it, but we have a small office building, and . . . . I stink. . . really bad.:messedup:

I try to spare my office mates from that particular torture.

Again, more information than necessary.:thwap: :messedup:

Katastrophe
July 27th, 2008, 12:21 PM
How many on here ever used the ole OUTHOUSE?

Used to have one at deer camp. Very useful, until you have to go late at night in the dead of winter and get the dreaded splashback when it's 32 degrees outside.

SERIOUS pucker factor then.:D

I've also been at deer camp and been so smelly that I've been forced to bathe in a cattle trough in 40 degree weather, too. :thwap:

peachhead
July 27th, 2008, 12:27 PM
Used to have one at deer camp. Very useful, until you have to go late at night in the dead of winter and get the dreaded splashback when it's 32 degrees outside.

SERIOUS pucker factor then.:D

I've also been at deer camp and been so smelly that I've been forced to bathe in a cattle trough in 40 degree weather, too. :thwap:

+1 on both counts, we still have one at my deer camp. But at least we upgraded to a gas hot water heater for the shower.

just strum
July 27th, 2008, 02:14 PM
I can't believe I'm adding more to this, but anything to get my post count ahead of Tot.

1) In celebration of this thread we went out and bought three new toilet seats.

2) We have two closets in the upstairs hallway (between the two upstairs bathrooms) for linen and other bathroom items. In addition, we have closets in the bathrooms. My wife stores a box of light bulbs in one closet that takes up an entire shelf. However, she stores the toilet paper in the basement. Now I have repeatedly explained to her that the turn-over rate on TP far exceeds the turn-over rate on light bulbs. So it's been 15 years since we built this house and the TP is still stored in the basement.

Next time we run out of TP, I will stick a light bulb in my @$$ and run around the house yelling "look at me, I'm a firefly"

Who started this thread anyway? Oh, it was him.

warren0728
July 27th, 2008, 02:17 PM
Next time we run out of TP, I will stick a light bulb in my @$$ and run around the house yelling "look at me, I'm a firefly"
now that is some sig material right there folks.... :rotflmao:

ww

peachhead
July 27th, 2008, 02:48 PM
now that is some sig material right there folks.... :rotflmao:

ww

:rotflmao:

so Strum, if I ever see a guy on a Harley Fat Boy, a long way from home, riding standing up cause he has a light bulb in his @ss...I'll know it's you? :D

just strum
July 27th, 2008, 02:56 PM
:rotflmao:

so Strum, if I ever see a guy on a Harley Fat Boy, a long way from home, riding standing up cause he has a light bulb in his @ss...I'll know it's you? :D

Yep, that will be me.

M29
July 27th, 2008, 03:16 PM
Oh my goodness... a firefly... that is funny:rotflmao:

M29

just strum
July 27th, 2008, 03:25 PM
one must be careful

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/auroraohio/smartcolondy7.jpg

tjcurtin1
July 27th, 2008, 07:47 PM
I was going to post something here, but by the time I got to the end (oops, sorry, unintentional), I was just plain overcome....

But I will say that 'under' has the added proclivity of sticking to a humid bathroom wall after someone has showered making it impossible to grab....

just strum
July 27th, 2008, 07:50 PM
I was going to post something here, but by the time I got to the end (oops, sorry, unintentional), I was just plain overcome....

But I will say that 'under' has the added proclivity of sticking to a humid bathroom wall after someone has showered making it impossible to grab....

Good point!!!