PDA

View Full Version : Bruno Cherry Festival Gig

t_ross33
July 27th, 2008, 10:14 PM
www.cherryfestival.ca (http://www.cherryfestival.ca)

Has to rank as the EARLIEST we've ever played: 10AM - 1PM :D

We provided entertainment on the main stage during the pancake breakfast. An older crowd, so stuck with old country standards as well as our versions of some Johnny Cash tunes. Got in a few of our honky tonkin favorites and some Elvis, Stray Cats rockabilly-roll. Tried to show off our vocals a bit with some Eagles etc.

Our families, including kids, were all in attendance which is a real treat for us (we're usually playing late, cabarets/bar dances and the like). Our drummer's 10 yo son even sat in on drums for a rousing rendition of TCOB! :bravo:

AND, for the first time, we didn't have to drag our PA along - the event had entertainment throughout the weekend, so we used the rig and soundman provided - WHAT A TREAT! Reports were that we sounded really good, despite the early hour and the fact that we weren't drinking :rotflmao:

Lots of fun had by all. I think we are going to look at taking in more of these type of festivals next year.

Cheers,

Trev

Robert
July 27th, 2008, 10:52 PM
Cool! Maybe Myra and I could land a gig there next year!

Looks like a fun event.

Algonquin
July 28th, 2008, 07:23 AM
Looks like a great evert Trev :AOK:

Glad to hear The Barley Boys are making the rounds.
Cheers :beer:

M29
July 28th, 2008, 07:37 AM
Sounds Like a great time Trev. Did you use your Peavey Bandit? Were you playing out in the open or in one of the tents or buildings? I hope to play out for the first time in an outside setting someday.

M29

Spudman
July 28th, 2008, 07:47 AM
Cool.:AOK: Thanks for the gig report.

t_ross33
July 28th, 2008, 11:24 AM
Sounds Like a great time Trev. Did you use your Peavey Bandit? Were you playing out in the open or in one of the tents or buildings?

Yep, but I just use the Bandit for on-stage sound/monitoring. I DI to the board from my GNX3000 with amp/cab modelling on.

It was in a tent (which was good because it did rain a bit). :AOK:

M29
July 28th, 2008, 11:28 AM
Thanks Trev, I am always interested in how musicians deal with outside gigs. It is a whole different ballgame. I always wonder how my 18 watt would do. I figure I would need to mic it though.

Cool stuff, great fun!!

M29