PDA

View Full Version : 4th of July sale bass and amp at GC

Duff
July 28th, 2008, 03:29 AM
Got a Schecter Stilleto five string neck thru elite bass at GC for 389 and a Fender Rumble 100 for 198, all brand new during the sale.

Best sounding bass I've played with EMG HZ's and active electronics with the treble and bass eq, pup blend, and vol controls, gold hardware, amber currly maple top, mahogany body, and mahogany and walnut five piece neck. Hard to hit a sour note.

The Rumble 100 is probably gigable in a small joint but works great at home even for guitar. I actually like the red rythym light in the base port and I'm 58. The Rumble sounds really good and has internal overload protection and a 15 inch speaker which could be upgrade to a more sensitive one; but it sounds great now. Not like my son's SWR workingpro 15, but really a lot nicer than a lot of people probably think it sounds. It also has that aesthetic old school Fender logo on the steel grill cloth/plate. What is it? A stamped steel speaker cover grill? Any way it is a good idea and protects the &&&& out of the speaker.

The amp has a tweeter and I would like to install a cut off switch on it but have not investigated what it would take and how much current is flowing to that tweeter. The SWR has a cut off switch. On mine I can just turn down the treble to stop the hiss. But heck, hiss is part of the game sometimes.

Hope you find useful info in this preliminary review of some seemingly great products.

Duffy
mjbolduc@dejazzd.com

marnold
July 28th, 2008, 08:23 AM
I've tried a couple of Schecter basses have been quite impressed. As a matter of fact, there was a used Diamond series J bass with Duncan-designed pickups in it that I tried some time ago. If I would have had the money, I would have bought it. Very nice guitar.

tremoloman
July 28th, 2008, 10:20 AM
I used to have a Hellcat VI - nice neck, pickups, and overall decent quality with the exception of the pots and jack which were complete crap as are most low cost instruments. I sold it to move up to a Bass VI.