PDA

View Full Version : Spider bites?

pes_laul
July 29th, 2008, 03:33 AM
Ok so I was sleeping minding my own business and a freaking spider bites me twice on the palm and on the wrist. and It hurts really bad and been hurting for almost a half hour. Is there any treatment for spider bites?

Rocket
July 29th, 2008, 03:59 AM
If it's a Brown Recluse bite, go seek some medical treatment... it will become serious.
Click on image:
http://www.budgetpestcontrol.com/images/Day9.jpg (http://www.budgetpestcontrol.com/brownreclues.htm)

pes_laul
July 29th, 2008, 04:47 AM
If it's a Brown Recluse bite, go seek some medical treatment... it will become serious.
Click on image:
http://www.budgetpestcontrol.com/images/Day9.jpg (http://www.budgetpestcontrol.com/brownreclues.htm)
thanks for that rocket I think you just gave me arachnaphobia.

Do they even have brown recluse in michigan.

street music
July 29th, 2008, 04:54 AM
Pes,
He told you the truth, my hunting buddy was bitten two years ago and if his wife had not taken him into the ER he would have lost his foot. The brown recluse is found anywhere in the US. They cause a lot of people to be rushed to the ER every year.

pes_laul
July 29th, 2008, 04:57 AM
Pes,
He told you the truth, my hunting buddy was bitten two years ago and if his wife had not taken him into the ER he would have lost his foot. The brown recluse is found anywhere in the US. They cause a lot of people to be rushed to the ER every year.
eh I know but like I said I'm pretty sure it wasn't a brown recluse.

I have done some research and they are not really native to michigan http://www.brownreclusespider.org/brown-recluse-spider-location.htm

I think (and hope) it was just your common house spider.

Rocket
July 29th, 2008, 05:03 AM
They are not common in MI.
More common is the Northern Black Widow which I used to see when I was growing up in Holt, MI.

tot_Ou_tard
July 29th, 2008, 05:31 AM
There is no hope, go get yourself some tights.

You are destined to fight crime in the shadows.

pes_laul
July 29th, 2008, 05:44 AM

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: oh my god tot you just made my day

ShootTheGlass
July 29th, 2008, 05:49 AM

:rotflmao:

warren0728
July 29th, 2008, 07:42 AM
spiders are evil....

....i'm just sayin'....

ww

pes_laul
July 29th, 2008, 08:24 AM
spiders are evil....

....i'm just sayin'....

ww
Ive never had anything against him but that little dude just burned his bridges with me.:deadhorse: And man that hurt, it left a little white mark with a red circle around it.

Katastrophe
July 29th, 2008, 11:33 AM
Uhhh... Silly question time, but have you talked with your parents about this?

I'm no doctor, nor do I play one on TV, but you may want to get that checked out by someone of the medical persuasion.

Spudman
July 29th, 2008, 12:05 PM
And man that hurt, it left a little white mark with a red circle around it.

That pattern is not a good sign. You'd better get it looked at. It takes a while for necrosis to set in and when it does, or if it does, life will really suck.

pes_laul
July 29th, 2008, 12:55 PM
Uhhh... Silly question time, but have you talked with your parents about this?

I'm no doctor, nor do I play one on TV, but you may want to get that checked out by someone of the medical persuasion.
My dad isn't home yet so I will mention it to him and see what he has to say.

and spud how long does that necrious (or whatever you called it) take to "set in"

piebaldpython
July 29th, 2008, 01:45 PM
Dude....call your Dad, don't wait for him to come home...we aren't trying to scare you but that mark generally means one of two things......either the bite was poisonous or your body is allergic and is having a reaction to the bite. Take your pick. This is not something that you want to screw around with and play HERO with!!!

dws
July 29th, 2008, 02:45 PM
I would highly advise calling somebody to get you to a hospital. I come from a medical-dominated family, so, I know that getting to a doctor is the best advice for you.

You really don't want to mess around with spider bites.

pes_laul
July 29th, 2008, 02:47 PM
yeah I'm probably gonna go check it out tonight

the mark is pretty small though.

dws
July 29th, 2008, 02:48 PM
yeah I'm probably gonna go check it out later.

the mark is pretty small though. And I feel fine and it's been over 12 hours

Okay, well, I'd check to see if you can climb up walls now. Take tot's advise and make yourself a suit!

bigoldron
July 29th, 2008, 07:21 PM
Kris, don't play around with those bites. Get some medical attention.

Let us know what you find out!

peachhead
July 29th, 2008, 07:34 PM

I haven't even stayed at a holiday inn express lately but I would tend to agree with that. My brother got a pretty rough infection from a spider bite.

Childbride
July 29th, 2008, 08:17 PM
Kris... get medical attention. no kidding. always better safe than sorry.

i've seen some horrid things where people just blew it off.

show it to your parents, buddy... please.

pes_laul
July 29th, 2008, 09:08 PM
I got it checked out and to my relief it wasnt anything really bad. I'm just gonna have some pain through my arm throughout the next week or so.

they did identify the spider but I can't remember what it was. they used the big words. but It was a little potent but nothing that could really hurt me.

I got some antibiotics for it.

though the only downside is it's a little hard to play guitar now with my hand being sore.

And I'm working on that suit tot:rotflmao:

peachhead
July 29th, 2008, 09:11 PM
Good to hear, I'm glad it wasn't anything worse. :AOK:

warren0728
July 29th, 2008, 09:12 PM
that's good news kris! :bravo:

ww

M29
July 29th, 2008, 09:17 PM
Tights and bites hey...We gotta see these tights man:AOK: Pics of the tights or it didn't happen. :D

M29

ShortBuSX
July 29th, 2008, 09:29 PM
they did identify the spider but I can't remember what it was. they used the big words.

I hate that, that always happens to me when I goto the doctor, they use big strange words...and as soon as I leave somebody asks me, "So, what did the doctor say?" ...and Im all like "duh":thwap:

I swear I wanna get a digital voice recorder, just for that sole purpose...and then I can go home and look the big words up... "Oh, they said I had a spider bite...now why didnt they just say that?"

I reckon this would work with auto mechanics and lawyers as well.

pes_laul
July 29th, 2008, 09:30 PM
I hate that, that always happens to me when I goto the doctor, they use big strange words...and as soon as I leave somebody asks me, "So, what did the doctor say?" ...and Im all like "duh":thwap:

I swear I wanna get a digital voice recorder, just for that sole purpose...and then I can go home and look the big words up... "Oh, they said I had a spider bite...now why didnt they just say that?"
:rotflmao: Thats a good idea.

lol now all my friends call me spider man:thwap:

Spudman
July 29th, 2008, 10:54 PM
Love your Spiderman avatar Kris. lol:bravo:
I'm glad it wasn't too serious. On the upside...it looks like Kirsten Dunst is in your future.;)

thearabianmage
July 30th, 2008, 09:10 AM
Did your spider bite look anything like this?

Not quite sure what bit me, nor were the doctors (we think it was a tick and that is Lyme's), but it itched like hell, I tell you what! And it hurt - the swelling was pushing against the muscles inside my thigh, which, as you can imagine, made it difficult to walk. But it gave me an excuse to hobble around with one of my staves like an old wizard. :D

bigoldron
July 30th, 2008, 09:35 AM

I reckon this would work with auto mechanics and lawyers as well.

My wife is the worlds worst about that. She wants to know every detail and every word said. Not just about the doctor but everything else too. My version is: "He said I'm not gonna die and gave me some medicine."

BTW, Kris, we're all glad you're going to be OK. Take your meds and do what the doctor says and pretty soon, you'll get back to speed. :AOK:

pes_laul
July 30th, 2008, 09:53 AM

Not quite sure what bit me, nor were the doctors (we think it was a tick and that is Lyme's), but it itched like hell, I tell you what! And it hurt - the swelling was pushing against the muscles inside my thigh, which, as you can imagine, made it difficult to walk. But it gave me an excuse to hobble around with one of my staves like an old wizard. :D
It was nowhere near [I]that[I] big Mine was about as round as a coin right on my palm

thearabianmage
July 30th, 2008, 12:58 PM
It was nowhere near [I]that[I] big Mine was about as round as a coin right on my palm

Then I think you'll live :D

Just be glad it wasn't a brown recluse that bit you!!

I know I am - if it was, I wouldn't have a leg right now.

peachhead
July 30th, 2008, 02:02 PM

That looks horrible :eek: Makes me want to make sure I have the tick spray on when I go outside now. Lyme's is a big deal around these parts.

ShootTheGlass
July 30th, 2008, 02:13 PM
For all the rubbish weather we have in Scotland, we at least dont have to put up with poisonous insects!

If venturing into the fields, the worst we have to compete with is crazy badgers - seriously- and adders (vipers)! :)

thearabianmage
July 30th, 2008, 02:15 PM
That looks horrible :eek: Makes me want to make sure I have the tick spray on when I go outside now. Lyme's is a big deal around these parts.

I know it is - I've had a couple ticks on me in Georgia.

But, just so you don't freak out the next time you get a tick on you - the minimum time for transferral of the disease is 48 hours.

sumitomo
July 30th, 2008, 02:16 PM
Gald your OK Kris.At first I thought you were pullin' our leg,well with the fresh avatar of Spiderman and then oh I got bit by a spider.So I thought I would watch this unfold first before I said anything,Again I am really glad your OK.Sumi:D

pes_laul
July 30th, 2008, 03:05 PM
Gald your OK Kris.At first I thought you were pullin' our leg,well with the fresh avatar of Spiderman and then oh I got bit by a spider.So I thought I would watch this unfold first before I said anything,Again I am really glad your OK.Sumi:D
Ha what'd you think I was trying to imply that Spider man bit me?:rotflmao:

sumitomo
July 30th, 2008, 05:20 PM
No,No I thought you got bit by a spider and turned into Spiderman.Sumi:D

stingx
July 30th, 2008, 07:20 PM
Geez where do you people live that you even get shit like this from spiders? I grew up in the swamps of Jersey loaded with mosquitoes, snakes, ticks, rats, etc. and have made it 40 years without any nasty looking skin conditions like in those pictures and i never even bothered putting any lotion on any bites. I just dealt with them until they went away on their own.

Rocket
July 30th, 2008, 09:20 PM
Geez where do you people live that you even get shit like this from spiders? I grew up in the swamps of Jersey loaded with mosquitoes, snakes, ticks, rats, etc. and have made it 40 years without any nasty looking skin conditions like in those pictures and i never even bothered putting any lotion on any bites. I just dealt with them until they went away on their own.
Morlocks are immune to human diseases... must be all the chemical spewing from the reclaimed swamplands NJ was built on.

It's tough being Eloi!

thearabianmage
July 31st, 2008, 03:14 AM

In my experience, lotion only temporarily stops the incessant itching that bug bites incur. Antibiotics+antihistamines make it go away. Ticks live just about everywhere, just tuck your jeans into your socks, and check your back and arms after each time you get in from woodland or grassy areas and you should go another 40 without any problems.

street music
July 31st, 2008, 04:52 AM
Let me tell you all that in Kentucky we have spiders, ticks, yellow jackets, hornets, wasps, snakes and large creatures you don't want to meet. This is the worst year for yellow jackets and hornets that I can remember in many years. My job has me out and about everyday in the woods, I spray my pants legs everyday to keep and keep ticks and chiggers off. Spiders are very common in our hills and around homes, GLAD YOU GOING TO BE ALRIGHT PES!

tot_Ou_tard
July 31st, 2008, 05:12 AM
Sumi, I believe the Spiderman avatar appeared after I informed him of his destiny.

Glad to hear that you'll be fine Kris.

Spud, I've been told that my wife looks like Karen Dunst.

Rocket
July 31st, 2008, 05:32 AM
I've been told that my wife looks like Karen Dunst.
Karen Dunst the makeup artist?
Or were you referring to Kirsten Dunst the actress?

pes_laul
July 31st, 2008, 09:26 AM
Sumi, I believe the Spiderman avatar appeared after I informed him of his destiny.

Glad to hear that you'll be fine Kris.

Spud, I've been told that my wife looks like Karen Dunst.
with great power comes great responsibility :rotflmao:

Katastrophe
July 31st, 2008, 12:21 PM

Admit it... The ticks, spiders, rats, snakes and other vermin haven't bitten anyone from Jersey for one reason only.

They're afraid y'all would bite back!;) :D

tot_Ou_tard
August 1st, 2008, 05:22 AM
Karen Dunst the makeup artist?
Or were you referring to Kirsten Dunst the actress?
Kirsten Dunst.

I have no idea who Karen Dunst is.

Good thing that you are a make-up artist groupie & so could catch my typo ;).

Rocket
August 1st, 2008, 05:26 AM
Kirsten Dunst.

I have no idea who Karen Dunst is.

Good thing that you are a make-up artist groupie & so could catch my typo ;).
Had to Google it... never heard of a Karen Dunst either.

tot_Ou_tard
August 1st, 2008, 05:41 AM
Had to Google it... never heard of a Karen Dunst either.
Ah yes The Google.

I remember when The Google went sentient in 2107 & crawled through all of humanity's brains so that anyone could find out where anyone else misplaced their keys.

It was a noble plan, but The Google got drunk with power & you all recall where that led.

thearabianmage
August 1st, 2008, 12:23 PM
Ah yes The Google.

I remember when The Google went sentient in 2107 & crawled through all of humanity's brains so that anyone could find out where anyone else misplaced their keys.

It was a noble plan, but The Google got drunk with power & you all recalll where that led.

!?!? Fair enough :D