PDA

View Full Version : Another Fretter Meeting - warren meets Krash

warren0728
July 29th, 2008, 03:43 PM
so i had the pleasure of meeting our very own guitar face aficionado....brian krashpad....today!:rockon:

i met him at his law office...which looks more like a recording studio than a law office! played some of his cool guitars and even got some cool stuff....a cd of his band "crashpad"....great punk sound and a premix cd of some music from his band "hothead" (which definitely has a tom petty influence :AOK: ) both provided great driving music for my 2 1/2 hour trip back home.

also got a very rare (and out of production) krash pad pin!! :beer:

afterwards we had a nice lunch at a local mexican restaurant and had some great conversation....i'm definitely gonna cruise up to g'ville to catch one of his shows!!

i had a great time brian (and thanks for lunch and my cool presents!)

here are a few pics from what is the coolest law library i've ever seen!! (i love that rickenbacker i'm playing...and that's "goldie" that brian is playin'....a very cool epiphone with tons of mojo! :beer:

feeling the mojo in the law library
http://www.thefret.net/imagehosting/thum_35488f8bb12e47d.jpg (http://www.thefret.net/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=582)

showing brian my imitation of singing like my son's favorite band "disturbed"...the lyrics go like this....i am disturbed...i am disturbed...i am disturbed...change power chord and repeat (make sure to use your best growly voice) :rotflmao:
http://www.thefret.net/imagehosting/thum_35488f8bb151c02.jpg (http://www.thefret.net/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=583)

getting a guitar face lesson from the king! :dude: :poke:
http://www.thefret.net/imagehosting/thum_35488f8bb171beb.jpg (http://www.thefret.net/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=584)

ww

just strum
July 29th, 2008, 03:47 PM
Cool pics and it must have been a great day. I was hearing "I fought the law" when looking at the pics. Brian, how you liking the WildKat?

Warren - nice shorts.

warren0728
July 29th, 2008, 03:48 PM
Warren - nice shorts.
:AOK: :pancake: :beer: |_/\_|

ww

luvmyshiner
July 29th, 2008, 03:58 PM
Looks like a lot of fun guys!

Wish my friggin' boss would let me wear shorts to the office:flamemad:

Brian Krashpad
July 29th, 2008, 04:11 PM
Looks like a lot of fun guys!

Wish my friggin' boss would let me wear shorts to the office:flamemad:

Well In Florida everybody wears shorts. :AOK:

Besides, I'm the president of the company. I'd have to fire myself.

Had a great time with Warren, he's a very cool cat. We had a very wide ranging discussion. Good times.

Strum-- liking theWildKat fine, for me the acid test is always with a band, and haven't had a chance to do that yet. I have a church band audition tonight but won't risk taking a "new" axe to that, am planning on taking a Gibby LP and my '52 RI Fender Tele (in the spiffy tweed case-- only one of mine not covered in stickers) to show 'em I'm "serious." :whatever:

Tone2TheBone
July 29th, 2008, 04:31 PM
Nice photos guys.

Childbride
July 29th, 2008, 04:48 PM
Glad y'all had a great time! :) :rockon:

Spudman
July 29th, 2008, 06:37 PM
So cool! I'm glad you guys got to meet. That guy in the red shirt looks like a real wildcat.;)

Now you guys will have to do what Sunvalley and I do when we get together and get a limo go out on the town and chase foxes.

Brian Krashpad
July 29th, 2008, 06:41 PM
So cool! I'm glad you guys got to meet. That guy in the red shirt looks like a real wildcat.;)

Now you guys will have to do what Sunvalley and I do when we get together and get a limo go out on the town and chase foxes.

Haha, I will have to be wingman only, Warren's single, but I'm thinking Mrs. Krashpad might have something to say about me chasing foxes. ;)

just strum
July 29th, 2008, 06:43 PM

I remember seeing the video of that night.

t9SaKYFR6ms

pes_laul
July 29th, 2008, 07:23 PM
hey warren ya wore clothes!:pancake: :rotflmao:

like that red rickenbacher. is that yours Brian

peachhead
July 29th, 2008, 07:32 PM
Cool dudes with them axes man :dude: sounds like a fun day!

Spudman
July 29th, 2008, 11:16 PM
Haha, I will have to be wingman only, Warren's single, but I'm thinking Mrs. Krashpad might have something to say about me chasing foxes. ;)

Actually what I was alluding to was that one of the last times he and I got together we went for a mountain bike ride and when we got back into town a fox (the little red dogie type) was running through the neighborhood right in front of us. So we were some wild and crazy guys chasing an American fox.

sunvalleylaw
July 29th, 2008, 11:51 PM
That sounds like great fun guys! Always nice to see some of the brothers and/or sisters get together.

Brian Krashpad
July 30th, 2008, 04:59 AM
I remember seeing the video of that night.

t9SaKYFR6ms

We are 2 wild and crazy guys!

like that red rickenbacher. is that yours Brian

Yes, that's my Ric 620. The crown jewel of my good scores. A buddy of mine traded it to me for an Epiphone Flying V. Now admittedly the V was in great shape, while the Ric is a beater, but I'd only paid $250 for the V.

Brian Krashpad
July 30th, 2008, 07:08 AM
Actually what I was alluding to was that one of the last times he and I got together we went for a mountain bike ride and when we got back into town a fox (the little red dogie type) was running through the neighborhood right in front of us. So we were some wild and crazy guys chasing an American fox.

Haha, touche'!

There are actually red foxes here in north central Florida. I've seen one on my early morning drive to work within the last year or so.

A good eagle population too.

tjcurtin1
July 30th, 2008, 07:24 AM
Warren - nice shorts.

Hey - at least he was wearing pants....!!

Looks like a good meet, guys - I can attest to the fact that Fret meet-ups are great fun. Only problem is that some months later you might find yourself with a little 'package' on your doorstep (the UPS kind - Robert, you know what I mean...):D

warren0728
July 30th, 2008, 07:30 AM
Yes, that's my Ric 620. The crown jewel of my good scores. A buddy of mine traded it to me for an Epiphone Flying V. Now admittedly the V was in great shape, while the Ric is a beater, but I'd only paid $250 for the V.
i really liked that ric....brian calls it a beater but i just consider it full of mojo! what a killer deal he made for it too! :beer:

ww

warren0728
July 30th, 2008, 07:31 AM
Hey - at least he was wearing pants....!!
i always wear pants (shorts actually) on a first meeting! :pancake: :beer:

ww

Brian Krashpad
July 30th, 2008, 07:41 AM
i always wear pants (shorts actually) on a first meeting! :pancake: :beer:

ww

Note to self: make sure next meeting with Warren is in a public place with plenty of witnesses.

:D

warren0728
July 30th, 2008, 07:44 AM
Note to self: make sure next meeting with Warren is in a public place with plenty of witnesses.
yeah...like at one of your gigs!! :eek: :bootyshake: :pancake: :beer:

ww

SuperSwede
July 30th, 2008, 08:58 AM
Nice pics! I´m sure you both had a great time.