PDA

View Full Version : Michael Angelo Batio loves Guitar Hero!

thearabianmage
July 30th, 2008, 08:20 AM
I don't know if y'all seen this, yet. . .

But I can't stop laughing. . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DXwYbaFHeU

Funny times. . .

marnold
July 30th, 2008, 08:33 AM
That's too awesome :)

sumitomo
July 30th, 2008, 08:58 AM
Now that was funny!Sumi:D

thearabianmage
July 30th, 2008, 09:12 AM
Perfect comedy timing!

warren0728
July 30th, 2008, 09:59 AM
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

:bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

ww

pes_laul
July 30th, 2008, 10:15 AM
haha thats great

markb
July 30th, 2008, 03:09 PM
Tee hee :bravo:

Danzego
July 30th, 2008, 07:19 PM
That was way too cool. That's exactly how I feel when pulling my Friday nights at the game store and watching all the people who live out their secret dreams of being a rock star on Guitar Hero.

Used to be, us real guitar players got some respect. Now, ALL those squares think they're with it just because they can get a 93% on I Love Rock N Roll by Joan Jett at Medium difficulty. Pfft!! :reallymad:

btw, I thought the game was a novel idea when I got the first one for my birthday a few years back. Now, it's just an annoying fad that, really, ain't all that much fun when it comes down to it.

Katastrophe
July 31st, 2008, 12:52 PM
I think the ad is hilarious! :rotflmao:

BUT....

I've got a little bit different take on Guitar Hero. My stepdaughter plays it religiously, and is well on her way to beating the game on the medium level.

She used to HATE guitar based music, with the exception of a few Beatles tunes and "You Really Got Me." Now, because of the game, she is getting into guitar based stuff from everyone from AC/DC to Weezer, with some more aggressive tunes like Dragonforce's "Through the Fire and Flames" quickly becoming a fave here in the house.

I'm not complaining. This means less Celine Dion and Hannah Montana, folks. Her participation in the game is also rapidly becoming a renewed interest in how the tunes are actually played, which means I get to show her some more guitar stuff.

All in all, the game has been really good for exposing both my wife and stepdaughter to music they wouldn't have previously given the time of day to.

I still can't play it worth a darn, though.

warren0728
July 31st, 2008, 01:46 PM
i have to agree kat...my son is great at guitar hero but the cool thing is that he has been exposed to some really good music....aerosmith is his favorite band of the moment....had me put a bunch of their music on his ipod!

ww

thearabianmage
July 31st, 2008, 06:05 PM
....aerosmith is his favorite band of the moment....

That's great!

It has to be said - there are worse games that kids could be playing.

And as far as Katastrophe is concerned - congratulations that bloody Hannah Montana is dying out in your house!!!

That said - the video is funny as.

markb
July 31st, 2008, 08:41 PM
All the time learning GH moves could be spent learning to play a real guitar. Just a thought.

warren0728
July 31st, 2008, 08:53 PM
All the time learning GH moves could be spent learning to play a real guitar. Just a thought.
true but at 11 years old i'm not going to force him to play guitar...he is going to play trombone this year in band and at least guitar hero keeps him interested in music...and good music at that!

ww