PDA

View Full Version : Rude Messin' (was Scuttle Messin')

Robert
May 18th, 2006, 09:02 PM
I did a quick improv today at lunch. Started it based on the SRV Scuttle Buttin' song, but it's no attempt to copy SRV's version, as you probably can tell... :rolleyes:

Let me know what you think.

http://www.dolphinstreet.com/video_clips/video-12.php

(I'm redoing my video clip section too)

Spudman
May 18th, 2006, 09:49 PM
What do you mean "kinda sloppy playing" that's better than I've paid a cover charge to listen to. Go get a beer and forget all that sloppy thinking.
Great tone! That last chord is wicked. You can probably add a flatted 6th to that if you use your toes.:D

Tim
May 19th, 2006, 03:54 AM
Robert – Excellent playing my friend. I agree with Spudman. I do not think there was anything sloppy about that tune. Perfection is a fantasy that will never be acquired. Your playing is an inspiration to us beginners.

marnold
May 19th, 2006, 08:06 AM
I've been trying to get the opening section to "Scuttle Buttin'" up to speed for the better part of a year now. I just cannot get it up to full speed cleanly.

Robert
May 19th, 2006, 03:55 PM
Thanks guys, I could really play it a bit better with a drum and bass groove helping me ... but thanks for liking it!

duhvoodooman
May 19th, 2006, 06:03 PM
If it's SRV, it's OK with me!! Seriously, that sounded great, Robert. If you wanna hear sloppy, stop by here some time! I got sloppy down to a science.... :eek: :D

But one thing I should point out--that's not Scuttle Buttin' you based it on. It's Rude Mood, off his first album, "Texas Flood".....

Robert
May 19th, 2006, 06:17 PM
Oh yes, darn it! I mixed up the titles there - thanks VDM! I should make an attempt at Scuttle Buttin' too, I used to be able to play it once, but I don't know if I've got it still.

If it's SRV, it's OK with me!! Seriously, that sounded great, Robert. If you wanna hear sloppy, stop by here some time! I got sloppy down to a science.... :eek: :D

But one thing I should point out--that's not Scuttle Buttin' you based it on. It's Rude Mood, off his first album, "Texas Flood".....

duhvoodooman
May 19th, 2006, 06:27 PM
Man, Rude Mood is tough enough with that lightnin' fast Texas shuffle chording, but the main riff in Scuttle Buttin' is just flat insane, at least for someone of my ability. Would love to hear you play it! :DR