PDA

View Full Version : Body Worlds

Robert
July 30th, 2008, 10:37 PM
We are going to see this on Friday. Should be interesting!

http://www.bodyworldsedmonton.com

See the human body like never before as TELUS World of Scienceā„¢-Edmonton presents Gunther von Hagens' BODY WORLDS: The Original Exhibition of Real Human Bodies, the most highly attended touring exhibition in the world. From individual organs to whole bodies, BODY WORLDS offers visitors a rare opportunity to see the complexity of human anatomy and physiology.

Tone2TheBone
July 30th, 2008, 10:46 PM
They had that here in town earlier this year. Hope those poor dead spirits don't hitch a ride back home with you.

:D

t_ross33
July 31st, 2008, 08:27 AM
We saw this at the Ontario Science Centre a couple of years ago. I was kinda concerned about what the kids would think of it, and some of it is a little unsettling - but quite interesting all the same.

The girls were "grossed out" by some of it, other stuff they thought was pretty cool. All in all, no permanent damage done ;)

Katastrophe
July 31st, 2008, 09:37 AM
My wife and stepdaughter went to a similar (if not the same) exhibit this past school year. My stepdaughter thought the exhibit was interesting and educational, and didn't get grossed out in the least.

There was a section on babies that the family avoided, however.