PDA

View Full Version : My tragic guitar store trip

Robert
August 1st, 2008, 07:20 PM
... yes it was tragic. I spent an hour driving around Sherwood Park, just outside Edmonton, looking for RKM Music. I had the address, but I just could not find the darn place. Arrgh!

I only had an hour - left the girls at the mall, and I figured I'd just drive 5-10 minutes and go and try out some cool guitar gear. An hour later - frustration was creeping in, and my terrific navigation had led me back where I started. :bravo:

So I called it quits, joined in with the girls at the mall. We went to the food court where I indulged in lots of Japanese junk food (EDO), mostly to comfort myself for the loss of my planned guitar store visit.:thwap: At least I didn't have to leave Sherwood Park hungry.

dan P
August 1st, 2008, 07:55 PM
Robert, send me an email, never mind, sent you one...!

Robert
August 2nd, 2008, 08:15 AM
I could have looked up where the store was located, by using Google maps before I left, but I never got around to it.

just strum
August 2nd, 2008, 08:17 AM
I could have looked up where the store was located, by using Google maps before I left, but I never got around to it.

It's a man thing that the opposite sex just doesn't understand.

Bloozcat
August 4th, 2008, 10:46 AM
Did Columbus use a map to discover the new world?
Did Lewis and Clark use a map on their expansive westward trek?
Did Henry Hudson use a map to discover The Hudson River, The Hudson Strait, or The Hudson Bay?
Did Balboa use a map to discover the Pacific Ocean?

No, we're men! Exploring is in our genes, maps and asking for directions aren't...:D

Rocket
August 4th, 2008, 11:22 AM
I'd like to think they all used every tool at their disposal... to not do so would be ignorant and they are all credited as being pretty smart.

Spudman
August 4th, 2008, 11:28 AM
Just think of how much money you saved. Not to mention the frustration of desire. It was your destiny to not locate the store Luke. Now go and conquer the universe.

Bloozcat
August 4th, 2008, 12:59 PM
I'd like to think they all used every tool at their disposal... to not do so would be ignorant and they are all credited as being pretty smart.

Well, certainly they used every bit of information and knowledge at their disposal. But where they went, was beyond any previously recorded discovery. There was no "map" of the unknown. That's what exploring is about, "to boldly go where no one has gone before". History remembers those who were successful and returned as heroes. But how many were there of equal talent and intelligence who never came back? Frozen in the arctic ice, lost in a raging storm, shipwreaked on a desolate island?

ZMAN
August 4th, 2008, 06:55 PM
Thats OK I drove to New London Conneticut from Ontario Canada, for a Car show and I forgot the directions at home. I never did find the show and nobody in town knew where it was either. So we took a week an travelled around New England in the Vette. Turned out to be a great vacation.

duhvoodooman
August 4th, 2008, 10:23 PM
I had a tragic music store experience recently, too. I went to my local Guitar Center. And it was open.