PDA

View Full Version : Blues Solo

GREENMACHINE
August 2nd, 2008, 04:01 AM
Hey guys,
I found a blues backing track in GarageBand and put a on the spot improvised solo over it lol.

Let me know what you think of it, it took me like 2 mins to do so it won't be perfect.

Anyway here's the link: http://www.box.net/shared/ih9bb7ccgc

Cheers
GREENMACHINE:D

warren0728
August 2nd, 2008, 08:11 AM
very nice green....was that with your vg strat?

ww

GREENMACHINE
August 2nd, 2008, 02:46 PM
Hey Warren,
Yes that was my VG Strat with the distortion on my amp, the mode on the strat was just the normal one using the neck pickup and the neck/middle together.

Thanks, glad you liked it.

GREENMACHINE

aeolian
August 6th, 2008, 11:13 AM
Well done, Greenmachine! I noticed that you did not just stay in the pentatonic box; makes the playing sound a whole lot more interesting. Good job.

GREENMACHINE
August 6th, 2008, 01:43 PM
Hey Aeolian,
Thanks for your great feedback, its in the key of A flat major so I used the A flat minor pentatonic scale and then went down to the F minor pentatonic but used the fingering to make it sound major by starting on the second note of the scale. Yeah so the solo isn't all that wow factor to it but I think its quite cool lol.

Cheers,

sunvalleylaw
August 6th, 2008, 03:09 PM
It isn't playing for me right now. I will try again later.

GREENMACHINE
August 6th, 2008, 04:02 PM
Hey there SunValleyLaw,
Ok thats cool, I think I have fixed the link so that it should play now sorry about all that.

Cheers,

sunvalleylaw
August 7th, 2008, 07:55 AM
Yeah, now it works. Nice one GM! Maybe we should hoist this BT up on the BT forum to see if anyone else takes a spin too on a collab, Whaddaya think?

GREENMACHINE
August 7th, 2008, 01:28 PM
Hey Sun,
Sure thing, I will get that up as soon as I can (maybe a couple of days, sorry about that)

Good idea,
GREENMACHINE

SuperSwede
August 7th, 2008, 03:15 PM
Pretty cool!

Garageband is a really nice and useful tool.

GREENMACHINE
August 7th, 2008, 03:49 PM
Hey SuperSwede,
Thanks man, yeah and the best thing about GarageBand is its free!!!!

Thanks again,
GREENMACHINE

helliott
August 11th, 2008, 04:07 PM
Very nicely played. Good tone, like the BT, too. Nice moving in and out of boxes. Keep working on fluid and smooth changes from one note to the next. Some half tone bends would sound good on this BT, as would some more of your own personal vibrato style.

GREENMACHINE
August 12th, 2008, 12:57 PM
Hey Helliot,
Thanks man, I tried to make it a bit more interesting than just the pentatonic box for the whole song. Ok I will try some half bends and some vibrato.

Thanks again,
GREENMACHINE

Jimi75
August 12th, 2008, 01:16 PM
Green you did a decent job in this BT. Your sound is great and your phrasing is very Chicaho if I might call it that way :-)

:bravo:

M29
August 12th, 2008, 02:06 PM
Nicely done Green, I detect a little Guitar Slim in there:AOK: Nice feel and expression, very nice indeed:AOK:

M29

GREENMACHINE
August 13th, 2008, 01:07 AM
Hey guys,
Thanks for your great comments and feedback. By the way whats guitar slim?

Thanks again,
GREENMACHINE

Kazz
August 13th, 2008, 04:13 AM
yeap....I am digging on it right now...

M29
August 13th, 2008, 07:12 AM
Guitar Slim is one of the Blues greats. A compliment indeed. I noticed a touch of him on your high strings. Nice job GM.

Here is some Guitar Slim http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzVChz4SOdQ

M29

GREENMACHINE
August 13th, 2008, 01:23 PM
Hey Kazz,
Thanks man.

Wow, thanks M29! What a compliment!

oldguy
August 24th, 2008, 05:57 AM
Hey, I missed this before...... nice playing, Cav!
You're improving all the time, IMO.
Nice sound, nice playing, and a good backing track.
Keep practicing, once you get a little more fluid and smoother on those scale transitions your gonna get some wicked solos going. :D

FrankAxtell
August 24th, 2008, 12:16 PM
Nice feel and tone...keep on trying to transcribe the great players such as Albert King, Freddie King, B.B. King, Muddy Waters...etc...good overall work.:bravo:

GREENMACHINE
August 28th, 2008, 01:23 PM
Hey OldGuy and FrankAxtell,
Thanks for your nice comments. I will learn some more blues songs from some more of the blues greats.

Many thanks,
Cav