PDA

View Full Version : Looks Like Robert is Competing with Slash

just strum
August 2nd, 2008, 01:55 PM
He must have an agreement with Ibanez to endorse the Vein Guitar

Click on the guitar to enlarge photo

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-ART300-Electric-Guitar?sku=518065&src=3SOSWXXA

Katastrophe
August 2nd, 2008, 03:53 PM
I played on one of these last week. From a distance, it looks like I think Ibanez intended it to, kinda like reptile skin... Up close, looked like a bunch of veins.

Played the guitar through a Randall V2 halfstack, expecting to do some monster riffage (really, it was the only amph hooked up, and a salesman was playing on it, so that's what I used, and I advised the salesman that I was teh master of all guitar suckatude before I played).

The guitar played great, with a nice neck and action. Fit and finish was above average, and I even got used to the scalloped maple top.

All in all, not a bad guitar, but I'd change the pups immediately after purchasing.

just strum
August 2nd, 2008, 04:23 PM
I want to try out the ART100, but tight funds right now. With the help of a fretter here, I've located a new ARC300 (just like the one I had) and wouldn't mind getting that if I could swing it.

I want, I want, I want - I was like that as a kid and I remain the same.

I need to simplify my life and rid myself of some of its trappings.

Robert
August 2nd, 2008, 06:06 PM
My lawyer already sent them a threatening letter. Guitars + veins = Copyright Robert Renman. You just don't mess with dat. :D

just strum
August 3rd, 2008, 06:30 PM
My lawyer already sent them a threatening letter. Guitars + veins = Copyright Robert Renman. You just don't mess with dat. :D

someone might have beat you to it.

I won't be hiring her to join the Strum Bakery crew

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/auroraohio/portrait650.jpg

Spudman
August 3rd, 2008, 11:54 PM
I've been playing these every chance I get when I stop by the importer. Great guitar in spite of the funky finish job (which I kind of like). The next model up on the ART series is beautiful. The necks, action, finish details are all first class.

Those active pickups are just what I like too. They are only a mid level output and they are very clean. Perfect for cranking the amph and making it do the work. I'd never change the pups myself. I like em.