PDA

View Full Version : Timing

just strum
August 2nd, 2008, 05:49 PM
Here it is August 2nd and what breaks down - our air conditioner. No one can come out until Tuesday. We did luck out and today was 79 and tomorrow 77 and humidity is at 70%. Talk about dodging a bullet. A/C is insured so max we pay for repair or replacement is $60 - another dodged bullet.

tot_Ou_tard
August 2nd, 2008, 05:51 PM
Here it is August 2nd and what breaks down - our air conditioner. No one can come out until Tuesday. We did luck out and today was 79 and tomorrow 77 and humidity is at 70%. Talk about dodging a bullet. A/C is insured so max we pay for repair or replacement is $60 - another dodged bullet.
So Gil wins a guitar & your air conditioning breaks down.

The world really is a zero-sum game.

just strum
August 2nd, 2008, 05:54 PM
So Gil wins a guitar & your air conditioning breaks down.

The world really is a zero-sum game.

Yep, you would think Gil would send me the Fender to comfort my discomfort. Or a bottle of Jack so I could be comfortably numb.

tot_Ou_tard
August 2nd, 2008, 05:56 PM
Yep, you would think Gil would send me the Fender to comfort my discomfort. Or a bottle of Jack so I could be comfortably numb.
If he did that then I'd blow a tire on my car.

I say keep the gitfiddle Gil, we'll just leave Strum to suffer in the sweltering Ohio heat.

just strum
August 2nd, 2008, 06:01 PM
I just looked at the forecast, Tuesday is suppose to be 90 and high humidity - I hope the repair guy gets here early.

Danzego
August 2nd, 2008, 06:17 PM
Oohhh, ouch. Well at least the temp has been ok in the meantime, so consider yourself lucky.

If it helps at all, I remember one summer in Chicago about 11-12 years ago when we had a heat wave that shot up into the 100's...and THAT'S when we found out the central air conditioner was out. All it was was a stupid relay switch that only took 15 minutes to get in there, but it took 6 days to actually GET there. :whatever:

I was off work for a few days and I just spent all day sitting in front of the TV surrounded by box fans, taking a cold shower here and there. I couldn't even leave the house to go somewhere cooler like a friend's house or to the mall, because my mom had a few long haired Yorkshire Terriers; I had to spray them down with the hose now and again so they wouldn't overheat and die.

Hopefully that less than 80 degree weather doesn't feel so bad now for ya. ;)

just strum
August 2nd, 2008, 06:20 PM
We're down to 71 degrees right now, so tonight should be rather pleasant. We have 7 ceiling fans and a whole house fan. With the lower humidity the fans should be all that is needed.

Rocket
August 2nd, 2008, 06:41 PM
It's probably just the solenoid. $15 and replace in 10-minutes with a screwdriver.

just strum
August 2nd, 2008, 06:59 PM
It's probably just the solenoid. $15 and replace in 10-minutes with a screwdriver.

No, the fan motor went. Last night it would stop and if you tapped it, it would start up again. Today, you can beat the crap out of it and it's dead.

just strum
August 3rd, 2008, 07:25 AM
One thing no A/C does, it gets you out of the house to enjoy the weather before it heats up. I got up this morning and took the dogs for a walk around the yard. Came back in and grabbed the camera. Here is a walk around the yard, nothing fancy, just some regular pics.

http://photobucket.com/justrum

Basically what you are seeing is parts of the patio, some flower beds (pics 1-4, wetlands (pics 11) , pond/bog (pics 5-8) The rest are just random shots. Shot with and old Sony Cyber-shot 4.1

Hope this works, never set up an album for public viewing.