PDA

View Full Version : Black Crowes

just strum
August 4th, 2008, 06:53 PM
I missed the two nights at HoB, but a coworker went and raved about the talent of that group. The coworker is the one that lives near me with the 335 and injured arm. He said after going to that concert, he is going to force his arm to get well.

Damn, I wish I would have caught one of the shows.

peachhead
August 4th, 2008, 08:47 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing them either. Incidentally I just read a story somewhere (msn I think?) of ten acts who should stop recording and they were on the list...I didn't get that at all.

Kazz
August 5th, 2008, 04:19 AM
I seen them years back after the first cd came out....what an energetic show.....at the time their stage setup was a cargo net with Christmas lights on it....no frills....just the music.

Spudman
August 5th, 2008, 07:26 AM
Fabulous live band and nice guys too.
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w149/srspud/People/BlackCrowesLandTrust084-1.jpg

just strum
August 5th, 2008, 10:19 AM
Fabulous live band and nice guys too.
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w149/srspud/People/BlackCrowesLandTrust084-1.jpg

That's right you have that pic. How long ago was that? Have you seen them once or on a few occasions?

R_of_G
August 5th, 2008, 11:44 AM
I saw them once and was actually kind of disappointed, though I have only seen them the once and it could very well have just been an off night so I won't judge them entirely by this one performance.

As to being nice guys, that I agree with completely. A few years back we were in Austin for my brother's wedding. It was the same weekend as the Austin City Limits festival and we were staying at the Four Seasons, the same hotel as many of the acts performing at the festival. One morning I came out of the elevator and wasn't looking where I was going and walked right into Chris Robinson. I nearly bowled him over because he is a MUCH slimmer man than I am. He could not have been kinder about it.

Childbride
August 5th, 2008, 09:18 PM
i like them. 'she talks to angels' is a fav. :)

Kazz
August 7th, 2008, 04:37 AM
My buddy and I were out at a bowling alley playing pool one night during the 93 tour....I went down to the bar to grab a beer and I see Chris and the rest of the band walking in....I ran back down with beer in one hand and pool cue in the other...and told my buddy who was an even bigger Crowes fan than I....and we decided to test fate....We went to the bar and bought 2 pitchers of beer and walked over and offered it to the band....they let us sit with them for the rest of the night and bought drinks all night.

They were very cool and their bodyguard even acknowledged us the next night at the show and let us hang out at the side of the stage for most of the show.

Very cool experience.

Shake your money maker is a great cd....timeless and one of very few that you can put in and listen to all the way through and not run into a disappointment.

I am also pretty big on Amorica....I love High Head Blues..and She Gave Good Sunflower.......The new disc Warpaint reminds me of both those older cds....very good stufff from the Crowes Camp.

just strum
August 7th, 2008, 03:00 PM
So fretters, what do you feel is some of their best released material?