PDA

View Full Version : An Eventful Day

KrisH
August 4th, 2008, 07:54 PM
So much news in one day . . .

I talked to my youngest daughter this evening (my middle child). After some chit-chat, she blurted out, "Chuck and I are getting married in July." Oh! Well, I met this guy when they visited this past June; he's actually almost ten years older than her, but seems like a change for the better from the guys she's dated/lived with in the past. Quieter, less dramatic, more responsible. I think there's good potential there, and have the best of hopes for them.

Okay.

Then my oldest calls me about an hour and a half later. After some chit-chat (get ready . . .) she asks me, "so, are you ready to be a grandparent next April?" I started laughing, so happy for her. They've been trying since getting married last January. She won't know for absolutely sure until she sees the doctor in two weeks, but like the nurse said, "four home tests aren't a fluke." They are both excited.

Holy cow, that's a lot to digest in one evening!

Which makes me wonder what surpises my youngest (son) has in store for me . . . ?

Katastrophe
August 4th, 2008, 08:05 PM
Double congrats, KrisH!:bravo: :AOK:

aeolian
August 4th, 2008, 08:10 PM
Congrats to you and your daughters. The wedding day is a year away so they have plenty of time to make sure it is working out. The baby, on the other hand...

I'm glad the most dramatic talks with my children are: " Do I have to finish my homework tonight!?"

peachhead
August 4th, 2008, 08:19 PM
Best of luck to both of them, and congrats to all of you!

KrisH
August 4th, 2008, 08:39 PM
Thank you, everyone. The good news wasn't of my doing, though . . . great kids.

And speaking of which, the third shoe dropped this evening. I just got off the phone with my son. HIS news was of a different nature, but still quite nice to hear -- he got a promotion at work into management last week, complete with full-time status, pay raise and benefits. He really likes the work and had already been recognized as a top performing regional associate. Did I mention this is all on top of him pulling a 3.6+ GPA as a full-time university student?

During our conversation I asked him why he and his sisters didn't turned out to be slackers like me when I was their age. Maybe because I chased the rock and roll dream? I dunno, but I'm pretty proud of them nevertheless. :AOK:

peachhead
August 4th, 2008, 08:45 PM
There you go, everything comes in 3s. Great news all around! :AOK:

Brian Krashpad
August 5th, 2008, 11:05 AM
Congrats, mojo, and best wishes!

duhvoodooman
August 5th, 2008, 11:08 AM
Congrats, but be on your guard! My experience is that these big life events often seem to come in "threes"! Makes you wonder what might be next, huh?? :eek: ;) :D

warren0728
August 5th, 2008, 12:34 PM
congrats to you and your kids... :beer:

ww

just strum
August 5th, 2008, 05:52 PM
Kris, Congrats and good vibes flowing through this thread.

Algonquin
August 6th, 2008, 06:44 AM
Very cool news Kristine :AOK:

So the old parenting motto of 'Do as I say, not as I do...' actually works, AWESOME!