PDA

View Full Version : Picture of my Carvin California carved top

Bossfan
August 4th, 2008, 11:50 PM
DVM and Katastrophe requested a picture - here it is. Enjoy!

duhvoodooman
August 5th, 2008, 05:52 AM
SUH-WEEEET!!! :AOK: :dude: :AOK: Change it to blue, and that's the one I want!

Thanks for posting it!

mrmudcat
August 5th, 2008, 06:07 AM
Nice nice!!! I love mine!

M29
August 5th, 2008, 06:31 AM
Very nice, I have been eyin them babies up for quite a while now, very nice indeed:AOK:

M29

luvmyshiner
August 5th, 2008, 07:08 AM
She's beautiful Boss!

warren0728
August 5th, 2008, 10:11 AM
:drool: :drool: :drool:

just sayin'....

ww

sunvalleylaw
August 5th, 2008, 10:20 AM
Looks really nice. Tell me about the sounds. What pickup combo do you use? Do the coils split? What do you like to play on it? Inquiring minds want to know. :D

ShootTheGlass
August 5th, 2008, 05:05 PM
Thats absolutely stunning.

Bossfan
August 5th, 2008, 10:39 PM
Sunvalley, the humbuckers do split into single coils. In single coil mode it's a bit warmer than a strat pickup, but is missing that fender twang. It's nice, though. Humbuckers really are sharp, especially at higher volume on my Vox. I unfortunately don't get much time though to play it at that kind of volume (thinking about a Killer Ant now to get the tone without having to irritate the wife and kid). I've been working on Crossroads a bit with it with the neck pickup on single coil, and have fun with some AC/DC tunes on the bridge.

My only complaint of the guitar is the balance when playing seated - it's heavy in the body and won't rest balanced on my leg like my strat. So, it's usually played standing. No big, just a nit pick. Now Carvin is making a single cut which probably adds to the heft but may improve the balance.

For those of you interested in Carvin, I'm very pleased with the workmanship, the action, tone, wood and finish choices, etc. A bit of a risk in buying one without playing it first, and the customer service was so-so in the ordering process, but I'm very happy with the product. I feel that the price I paid for it was a great value in a custom shop guitar.

F_BSurfer
August 6th, 2008, 04:38 AM
Sweet looking guitar Bossfan

Katastrophe
August 6th, 2008, 07:34 AM
Bossfan, that is one beautiful guitar! Carvin sure does know how to build 'em purty.

Thanks for posting the pic!:AOK: :drool: :drool:

mrmudcat
August 6th, 2008, 09:04 AM
Boss: I have several carvins as well as amps.

The C.S. has been freaking awesome to me in any lil thing I' ve had a problem with.I know of a few who have had some problems but from my opinion those are in the minority. The sales/phone dept is hurting as they have lots of noobs now trying to ramp up to speed with all the new options and models. I am confident these growing pains will improve.

As for trying it out first that is surly idea,but you do have a 10 day trial period to decide if ya like it or not.

Pups im sure are the 22b/22j they are a lil bright but I myself dont see a neede to change they are pretty damn good.This is of course subjective. I again have been using carvin stuff since 1980's:rockon:

Bossfan
August 6th, 2008, 10:50 PM
I think you are right on the pickups. Carvin has so many choices of how to build - just like buying a car! Yeah, my opinion on the customer service was pretty much focused on the sales rep I got on the phone. Complete nimrod that could have cared less to sell me a guitar, which isn't the response I would have expected from them. But either way, I got the guitar I wanted with no mixups in the build and it's awesome, so I'd likely buy another Carvin in the future if the need arises!

mrmudcat
August 7th, 2008, 06:57 AM
Let me know if you purchase another ill set you up with my rep who is awesome brother!!!!! The mini pots and or generic caps are the weak points.Although I have had no problems with any of the carvins ive got.I love changing electronics whether a $200 dollar axe or $2000:beer: Enjoy that ride I think carvin rocks out with its c**k out!!!!!:master:

Bossfan
August 7th, 2008, 08:58 AM
You said you had some of their amps? Thoughts on their small boutique combos?