PDA

View Full Version : World Champs

piebaldpython
August 5th, 2008, 10:40 PM
It's been a long friggin' time since we Philly-ites had anything to crow about in the sports world......so, a couple of weeks ago, The Soul, our Arena Football League team won the title. lolololololol I don't think we even had a parade to celebrate the championship. Well, being a Major city; we only throw a parade for a title in a Major sport. Oh well. Nice to have finally won something instead of being Losers-ville.

Katastrophe
August 6th, 2008, 08:19 AM
Congrats to Philly...:AOK: Any title is a good title, as long as it's not "The Worst [insert sport here] team in the league."

BTW, when in Philly, where does one go to get the best cheesesteak sammich? I'm curious to hear from a local. I'll bet that it's like barbeque is here. All the locals are so tired of eating it that we only go about once a month.

Also, just to make this thread irretrievably off topic, how's your daughter doing?

piebaldpython
August 7th, 2008, 08:50 AM
Hmmmmmmmmm.....best cheesesteak sandwich in Philly?....well, when you watch sporting events, they always pan over to Pat's Steak and Geno's in South Philly. A rep and promotion is what they have. I've never had theirs. Quite frankly, like most things, it's probably hit or miss and if you have any skill at all, you can probably make a GOOD one yourself.
But there are certain things a GOOD one should have:
1 Thinly sliced beef which you can buy at the supermarket. No biggie.
2 An AMOROSO roll. If you want top shelf 'sammich; this is a MUST. Just as a tube amp gives you a certain warmth that can't be duplicated, the same applies here. This ROLL thing is the real deal too. They just have a certain wonderful taste about them and their recipe is a closely guarded secret. A few years ago, a competitor snuck someone in to work there and got most of the secrets. Well, lawsuits ensued and the competitor was barred from using anything remotely what they were trying. ahhahha
3 CHEESE: The purists will tell you that yellow Cheez Whiz out of the jar and melted is the only way to go. BULL!!! Get yourself some provolone cheese and man-the-frig up. ahaha
4 FRIED ONIONS: Part of the lore. Get your cheesesteak: wid or wid out 'em. ahahhahah

Thanks for asking about Baby Cobra. Hmmm...I have been remiss with an update, so I'll make that a separate topic.