PDA

View Full Version : New Guitar

Squireman131
August 6th, 2008, 04:59 AM
Well my gram and pap brought me down my birthday present today and guess what it was? A new full size acoustic. Although it isnt the best brand it is surprisingly very good sounding. It is a first act acoustic and i don't have any idea the model number. It definantly beats my first acoustic that was a half-size one that doesn't stay in tune at all and is very badly intonated. It sounds good but cosmetically it could be better the sound hole is kinda rough around it and on the fretboards sides there is paint from the body. All in all i needed a acoustic and this will do just fine. My gram and pap are awesome.

sunvalleylaw
August 6th, 2008, 07:32 AM
Cool Squireman! I bet it becomes an old friend. Congrats!

stingx
August 6th, 2008, 07:34 AM
I wish my gram was still around to buy me things :(

Congrats on the new guitar. I hope you enjoy it.

Katastrophe
August 6th, 2008, 07:39 AM
Congrats! My Grandmother helped my Mom purchase my first electric (a Sears Strat copy), and my Ibanez.

Grandparents are awesome. This may sound a bit corny and sappy, but tell 'em you love them every chance you get, and go visit them frequently.

evenkeel
August 6th, 2008, 04:21 PM
First real guitar. How cool is that!!!

Congrats!!! :bravo:

Squireman131
August 6th, 2008, 04:23 PM
Congrats! My Grandmother helped my Mom purchase my first electric (a Sears Strat copy), and my Ibanez.

Grandparents are awesome. This may sound a bit corny and sappy, but tell 'em you love them every chance you get, and go visit them frequently.

Nah i know what you mean. Me and my grandparents are really close. My pap was basicly a father to me cause i had none and my gram helped raise me and my brothers because my mom was at school(college) and was working two jobs too. I am at there house almost every weekend kinda because of the food and mostly cause they are actually fun grandparents.

peachhead
August 6th, 2008, 04:45 PM

You got that right- I was lucky that my grandmother lived right next to my house when I was growing up. She still lives with my mother, at age 98 :D
It's always good to tell 'em you love 'em, and it's nice to hear that you feel that way too, Squire. Enjoy that guitar! :dude: