PDA

View Full Version : Quick active pickups question. . .

thearabianmage
August 6th, 2008, 10:15 AM
Hey y'all,

I'm modifying my Jackson - which has active pickups master volume/tone and an active push/pull pre-amp that boosts gain when pulled - to this mode here:

http://www.deaf-eddie.net/drawings/5tt-2v-2pp.jpg

So in order to do that, I'm removing the active electronics but still keeping the active pups so I'll need the stereo socket and 9v battery. My question was just with powering the 9v and the pups - how would I accommodate the 9v power supply with the rest of the electronics?

i.e. Would the diagram I've uploaded work?

I'm sure there's another wire needed to complete the circuit on the battery for the active pups, but I'm not sure where it goes :/

Any help would be most excellent, cheers!

Joe

thearabianmage
August 6th, 2008, 07:54 PM
Right. . . So, I've done a bit more diagramming and I think I can get my problem across a lot better.

The first diagram is the wiring at the moment for 'Poop' (my Jackson) All of the colours are the same as the ones in the guitar. The active electronics is a variable gain boost - it sort of sucks so I'm getting rid of it.

My problem is in the second diagram. I'm sure that if it were a master volume in the guitar, I would just solder the red wire onto the middle lug, but since it's two, where does it go (or is it the middle and there's a jumper between the two)? Or can it just go to the hot on the stereo input jack? And the hot of the stereo jack is the green wire in the first diagram, right?

Any help would be much appreciated, cheers

Joe

marnold
August 6th, 2008, 08:09 PM
I'm hoping that DVM checks this one out, Joe, because I have no experience with active electronics.

thearabianmage
August 6th, 2008, 08:17 PM
I'm hoping that DVM checks this one out, Joe, because I have no experience with active electronics.

Same here. It's a relatively simple connection, but it's just got to be the right one and there are a few too many options for me to feel comfortable to just go for it. :rotflmao: Always somethin', eh?