PDA

View Full Version : lost wallet

pes_laul
August 6th, 2008, 01:11 PM
so in summary me and all my friends got back from lake michigan, we ate at pizza hut and thats the last place I remember having it out and I called there and they said they would give me a call if it turned up. so its either hidden really good in my buddys car or its at pizza hut and they havent found it or someone took it.

now my dillemma is: say I dont found it, my biggest beef is how do I replace my boaters license? I get a new ID card at the end of the month. I know I only had 15 or so dollars on me so I aint really losing to much money.

any other suggestions?

peachhead
August 6th, 2008, 04:43 PM
That sucks, dude. I only know how to replace a driver's license..never had a boater's license before, but I assume you would go back to the dept. that issued it and fill out a form, to get a new one. Maybe you can do it online?

pes_laul
August 6th, 2008, 06:34 PM
That sucks, dude. I only know how to replace a driver's license..never had a boater's license before, but I assume you would go back to the dept. that issued it and fill out a form, to get a new one. Maybe you can do it online?
I know in gym class one day this lady came down and for the next week we learned all the rules for boating then we took a test and thats how I got my license so I wouldn't know what dept. to go to.

WackyT
August 6th, 2008, 06:46 PM
Pes, the Department of Natural Resources handles that.

http://www.boat-ed.com/mi/handbook/whomayoperate.htm
http://www.michigan.gov/dnr

pes_laul
August 11th, 2008, 10:56 PM
holy crap to my relieve my friend who was with me went somewhere and he found it there and everything was in it. phew that was a close call I need to figure out how to prevent it from falling out

Spudman
August 11th, 2008, 11:08 PM
phew that was a close call I need to figure out how to prevent it from falling out

Duct tape and zippers always works for me.:D

Seriously, glad you got it back. I was on a motorcycle run across western Canada and left mine on a pay phone. The next day I called the Mounties and reported it and a week later when I finally got home there was a letter from the mounties informing me that my wallet had been turned in...intact! I was really dreading having to get everything replaced and account numbers changed.

There you are folks...another reason we all should move to Canada.:AOK: They return wallets.