PDA

View Full Version : Good Practical Jokes

just strum
August 6th, 2008, 07:16 PM
I noted in the Pink Floyd thread about the e-mail identification and it got me thinking about practical jokes.

Does anyone have one that was played on them or that they played on someone else?

Best one played on me: One day my coffee cup (Harley Davidson cup) was missing at work. I had already drank at least one cup, I set it down and about 10 minutes later I went back for it and it was gone. I spent some time looking for it, but nothing.

So around lunch time I go into the cafeteria and was at the sandwich machine (the kind that is a level of trays on a carousel) as I'm rotating the trays, around comes my coffee cup and I had to pay a $1.25 to get it back.

Best unintentional practical joke I played on someone and it just happened to be on the guy that stuck my coffee cup in the vending machine. - I had to send out a letter to about 75 suppliers and they were instructed to fill out a form and fax it back to me. Instead of putting down the fax number, I accidentally put down this guys office number. All day long he was getting those annoying fax screeching calls and messages. To this day he calls it the best unintentional practical joke he's had played on him.

WackyT
August 6th, 2008, 07:25 PM
I love rotating peoples screens at work when they leave their systems unlocked.

Ctrl-Alt-Up Arrow - right side up
Ctrl-Alt-Right Arrow - 90 degrees
Ctrl-Alt-Down Arrow - 180 degrees
Ctrl-Alt-Left Arrow - 270 degrees

Doesn't work on all video card drivers, but it does work on Intel integrated graphics, as all are systems are at work.

warren0728
August 6th, 2008, 07:27 PM
I love rotating peoples screens at work when they leave their systems unlocked.

Ctrl-Alt-Up Arrow - right side up
Ctrl-Alt-Right Arrow - 90 degrees
Ctrl-Alt-Down Arrow - 180 degrees
Ctrl-Alt-Left Arrow - 270 degrees

Doesn't work on all video card drivers, but it does work on Intel integrated graphics, as all are systems are at work.
i may have to try that on the kids computers...they have pc's....thanks!

thearabianmage
August 6th, 2008, 10:18 PM
For my mom's birthday a last year, I did her a card. . . there's a little background involved. My mom and I used to watch Beavis and Butthead a lot (probably where I got at least a little bit of my humor from. . .) and she is really hard to get presents for because she doesn't use anything or have many hobbies. So I try and do things to make her laugh or whatever.

So I got this card that had this cute bear on the front and it said something to the effect of 'Sending you a message of love with kisses and hugs. . .'

And then you open the card (see picture below)

Not your average practical joke, I guess, but I did draw the picture which is practical and it is a joke, so it must count? I thought I'd share it, anyways. . .

:D

Rocket
August 7th, 2008, 01:53 AM
When I was a young kid in the Navy, there was a douche that used to make my life miserable... daily! I bought a flat of those compressed sponges at a cleaning supply store and spent a night cutting them into strips. I found his car and stuffed every one of those sponge strips down the filler-neck and into his gas tank.
He could fill that tank until it overflowed, but a couple miles down the road and that thing ran out of gas again & again. Being a "real man", he insisted on troubleshooting and fixing that thing himself. When he gave up on it, (about a year later,) I bought that Meridian Turquoise 1968 GTO from him for $1200.

Practical for me!

just strum
August 7th, 2008, 05:50 AM
When I was a young kid in the Navy, there was a douche that used to make my life miserable... daily! I bought a flat of those compressed sponges at a cleaning supply store and spent a night cutting them into strips. I found his car and stuffed every one of those sponge strips down the filler-neck and into his gas tank.
He could fill that tank until it overflowed, but a couple miles down the road and that thing ran out of gas again & again. Being a "real man", he insisted on troubleshooting and fixing that thing himself. When he gave up on it, (about a year later,) I bought that Meridian Turquoise 1968 GTO from him for $1200.

Practical for me!

Cruel, but paybacks are a beach.

Tell you what, I would love to have that car today, the 68 GTO is one of a favorite American cars

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/auroraohio/68h_00140_1.jpg

but my absolute favorite was two years earlier.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/auroraohio/Schoening66GTO.jpg

Rocket
August 7th, 2008, 07:17 AM
I've had 4 GTO's:
65' (strutless) Black w/red interior, crescent moon headliner, 389-3xdeuces, fully restored/matching #'s.
66' Red convertible w/white leather interior, 389-2x780 duel-feed/pump.
68' Turquoise w/white, 400-1x4bl/ramair.
69' Silver Pre-Judge family car POS!

thearabianmage
August 7th, 2008, 07:34 AM
I've had 4 GTO's:
65' (strutless) Black w/red interior, crescent moon headliner, 389-3xdeuces, fully restored/matching #'s.

Do any of them have hydraulics? It's gotta be done!

R_of_G
August 7th, 2008, 08:16 AM
When I was in high school we had a friend who was obsessed with getting into one specific college. I had a friend who graduated from our high school the year before I did and happened to go to this specific college. He had a friend who worked in the admissions office so we were able to get the correct letterhead and we sent the kid a rejection letter with the correct postmark and everything. As it turns out, a few weeks later, the kid really was rejected by this school so our joke kind of broke his fall a little bit.

just strum
August 7th, 2008, 10:30 AM
I've had 4 GTO's:

I always thought of you as the cab or chauffeured type.

Check it out http://www.cars-on-line.com/gto.html

that 66 you had sounds nice - worth a pretty penny today
http://www.cars-on-line.com/35556.html

Rocket
August 7th, 2008, 11:08 AM
I always thought of you as the cab or chauffeured type.
Nope... I've had quite a long run of muscle cars and restored and/or modified a fair number of them myself. I raced a homebuilt GTX/Roadrunner meld, a HemiCuda, and a SuperBee in the 70's.
You may be interested to know that I was also a private pilot for many years until I acquired a seizure disorder. I've just recently gotten a driver's license again after being seizure-free for 2 consecutive years.
Previous DL was invalidated in 1997.

Bloozcat
August 7th, 2008, 01:20 PM
Nope... I've had quite a long run of muscle cars and restored and/or modified a fair number of them myself. I raced a homebuilt GTX/Roadrunner meld, a HemiCuda, and a SuperBee in the 70's.
You may be interested to know that I was also a private pilot for many years until I acquired a seizure disorder. I've just recently gotten a driver's license again after being seizure-free for 2 consecutive years.

Man that sucks...

Bad enough losing your pilot's license, but no driver's license is almost crippling. At least you've finally gotten it back, though.

Danzego
August 7th, 2008, 09:00 PM
Putting Saran wrap very tightly over the toilet bowl. :eek:

Childbride
August 7th, 2008, 09:11 PM

Rocket, just from what i've read of your posts, you have lived one very interesting life.

Rocket
August 8th, 2008, 04:45 AM
Rocket, just from what I've read of your posts, you have lived one very interesting life.
I've been very fortunate to be able to pursue my every whim without much regard... I've never been one to fit neatly into molds.

Your expiration date may be tomorrow and no do-overs!
Live your life in a fashion that keeps a grin on year face? To do anything less is unnecessary & self-inflicted abuse. (Clock's a-tickin'.)