PDA

View Full Version : speaking of coronary events...

Childbride
August 6th, 2008, 08:17 PM
i struggled with wh/not i should post this, but the evening's events have convinced me i should.

i had a very scary thing happen this morning. i'm not going to be a drama queen, i'm just going to tell a story.

edouardo is in central texas. it started raining last night. i knew that when i got up this morning, i was going out of county, and i needed to give extra drive time for that, b/c the highway does not drain well, and i would have to slow down.

so i got up extra early, got on the highway, and started out.

got to the west end of gatesville, out of city limits, and into a construction zone.

on the left, in a tree, i see an explosion. mini explosion. like three bottle rockets all going off at once, a bunch of yellow sparks.

i immediately look back to the highway; it's raining cats and dogs, and i'm in a construction zone.

then i see it.

a power line, dropping directly for my vehicle.

i have diagonal astigmatism. my perception of distance is off completely. it looked like it was coming directly through my windshield.

i was going to be decapitated, or fry. a or b. there was no stop time, no swerve time, there was just a moment of perfect clarity that i thanked the powers i kissed my husband good bye before i left that morning.

and then the power line hit the highway directly in front of my vehicle and i drove over it.

then the gullywasher started, and i drove 45 miles at 40 mph wakeboarding the rest of the way there.

and i made a promise to go home, and call every single family member i had a phone number for, and tell them just how much they meant to me, and how much i loved them.

[and when i got back to waco to bat clean up on the docket there, i very solemnly told my co-workers that anyone who dared sneak up behind me, poke me in the ribs, and holler (bzzzt) was in Big Trouble :D ]

i'm not nearly through my list, but i'd like to tell all of you just how much i sincerely appreciate all of the support, encouragement, and help all of you have been since i have been here. you have enriched my life and i appreciate each and every one of you.

thank you with all that i am.
k

ET335
August 6th, 2008, 08:46 PM
I am very glad that you made it through all of that safely.you were blessed:AOK:

Katastrophe
August 6th, 2008, 08:54 PM
Wow, CB, that's a scary set of events. Glad that you came out of it okay.

It's events like the ones that happened to you that remind me about what is truly important, and how all the other stuff isn't.

Thanks for sharing.

sumitomo
August 6th, 2008, 09:31 PM
Wow!!Yep events like that sure make you grateful.Glad to hear your ok and nothing bad happened.Sumi:D

Tone2TheBone
August 6th, 2008, 11:08 PM
That's crazy CB glad you avoided that potentially dangerous situation.

warren0728
August 7th, 2008, 07:22 AM
wow cb...that's crazy...glad you are ok...

i'd like to tell all of you just how much i sincerely appreciate all of the support, encouragement, and help all of you have been since i have been here. you have enriched my life and i appreciate each and every one of you.

i have to say i think it is the other way around....your passion and heartfelt stories about your family have enriched my life (and i bet quite a few other fretters) far more than my silliness has probably enriched yours! :pancake: :beer:

ww

Childbride
August 7th, 2008, 05:45 PM
no, Warren, i think your 'alleged silliness' has made my day on quite a few occasions. [laugh] thank you for your kind words. :pancake:

thank you all of you for your kind sentiments. :)

bigoldron
August 7th, 2008, 06:56 PM
I agree with Warren. You've been the "warm fuzziness" that makes this a really great group of folks. Don't want to say you're the Mom of us, more like a sister who looks after us, keeps us straight and remembers all our birthdays, special events, etc. Don't know what we'd do here without and I'm glad we won't! :bravo:

God was watching out for you today. You are definitely doing the right thing in making sure you tell everyone you know how much they mean to you. We had a young (to me) lady, 38 years old with a son same age as my younger daughter (11) who got killed in a wreck last Friday morning on her way to work. Heading East about 7:30 looking directly into the sun, trying to put on makeup while driving (a common thing with her from what I understand) and ran right up under a semi that was turning off the road in front of her. She never saw him and never slowed down.

Life is too fleeting and can be over in a flash. We all need to take a few minutes each day to tell our family and friends how much we love them! Don't wait until it's too late.

BTW, I love you guys! You're all a motley crew, but ones that I'm proud to call friend! Keep on pickin', boys and girls! :dude: :rockon:

piebaldpython
August 7th, 2008, 07:37 PM
Geez CB; talk about getting ELECTRIFIED. Glad to hear that you are OK. Hope you didn't need to change your clothes once you got to court. :rotflmao: ahaha Just kiddin'.........BUT......hey, something SCARY like that could turn your innards inside-out.

R_of_G
August 7th, 2008, 07:54 PM
Glad to hear you made it through that unscathed CB.

street music
August 8th, 2008, 04:10 PM
CB, glad to see you made it alright. That was a close call for sure. ust remember in case you ever do have a line fall on your car. STAY IN THE CAR until the wire can be safely removed or you can drive back to cause it to fall off of your car. :thwap:

warren0728
August 8th, 2008, 04:17 PM
CB, glad to see you made it alright. That was a close call for sure. ust remember in case you ever do have a line fall on your car. STAY IN THE CAR until the wire can be safely removed or you can drive back to cause it to fall off of your car. :thwap:
yeah...or tell shiner to get out and remove it! :rotflmao: :poke:

ww

Bloozcat
August 11th, 2008, 06:28 AM
Wow!, I just saw this thread...

God was surely watching out for you, CB!

What's really great about this story (other than the fact that you made it through unscathed), is what your reaction was to this near tragedy. It's always heart warming to hear that in this time of instant gratification and the obsessive pursuit of material things, that there are still those who know what's really important in life. Collecting more "stuff" isn't the key to happiness, it's the relationships with those we love that defines a happy life. Thanks for expressing that CB...I don't think we do it enough.

I'm really glad that you're ok CB...and I still say that Shiner is really blessed to have you in his life...and I know he knows it too...:)

M29
August 11th, 2008, 07:53 AM
Good to hear you are ok CB, God Bless:AOK:

M29

Childbride
August 11th, 2008, 07:17 PM
ironically, there's a part ii to the story.

i've officially been saved twice in one week.

[o, and thank all of you again for your kind sentiments... you all are great!]

=======

i had to go out of county today again, as a last minute thing i wasn't expecting.

got out on the highway, car started shimmying like [ok, that's not a very ladylike analogy, n/m]

i pull over immediately. check all four. they look fine.

get back out onto the highway, now i'm roughly 40 miles from home base.

starts getting worse. debate trying to make it to the next small town, shake my head and pull over again.

i don't know what that cable did to my tires, but the treads on at least one were starting to separate and i had a bulge on the outer rim of the tire pushing to the sidewall.

i crept home at 30 with the hazards on, and made it back home safely.

i plan to keep that phone line much more active. ;)

thank y'all again for all of your support and encouragement. this is a wonderful forum full of very special people. :)

just strum
August 11th, 2008, 07:19 PM
... this is a wonderful forum full of very special people. :)

Geez, another thing got right by me.

luvmyshiner
August 11th, 2008, 07:48 PM
Yup, looks like we get to buy a new set of tires tomorrow. There goes the Martin.:D

just strum
August 11th, 2008, 07:56 PM
Yup, looks like we get to buy a new set of tires tomorrow. There goes the Martin.:D

Get her some Crocs and buy the Martin's.

Childbride
August 11th, 2008, 08:17 PM
Get her some Crocs and buy the Martin's.

i would self-destruct if i had more than seven pairs of shoes.

helliott
August 11th, 2008, 08:24 PM
Sorry to hear of the fright you had, but very happy you came through. Thanks for reminding us of what matters.

warren0728
August 11th, 2008, 08:38 PM
i think you need to stay in your own county cb! unless you and shiner are making a trip to florida for a visit (but even then you might want to consider flying)...glad you are ok (again1) :AOK:

ww

tot_Ou_tard
August 12th, 2008, 07:17 AM
wow cb...that's crazy...glad you are ok...

i have to say i think it is the other way around....your passion and heartfelt stories about your family have enriched my life (and i bet quite a few other fretters) far more than my silliness has probably enriched yours! :pancake: :beer:

ww
Double ditto!

I missed this thread, I'm very happy we don't have to miss you CB.

Kazz
August 13th, 2008, 04:22 AM
Glad you are ok CB....I know your stories have brought a glimmer of sunshine into my otherwise dark at times life.

Especially you and I sharing stories about 70s bands :-)

Yep that high voltage line would wreak havoc with a tire....sounds as if it was a much closer call than you really know....

Thank heaven you are still with us so we may yet again hear tales of CB, Shiner and all the by proxies