PDA

View Full Version : The Coma Kid---an Update

piebaldpython
August 7th, 2008, 08:56 AM
Baby Cobra is doing really, really well. She went for two sets of boosters in June and one set in July. Her next set is in October. If she's still pain free by the end of the year, she'll be declared in remission. She's pain free now and walking and going out with her friends and having a very "normal" life. We couldn't ask for anything more.
She used a walker, for the first two weeks that we were home from Germany. The doctor thought she'd need it for six months, but she was determined to walk on her own. She's doing much better than the doctor ever expected.
In fact, she's hoping that she'll be able to start college in the fall of '09. That would be so great! When she goes for her boosters in October, we'll be able to find out more as to when it's okay for her to be able to start doing things. As of now, her neurologist doesn't want her working, going to school, reaching above her head to get into cabinets, carrying a shoulder bag or lifting heavy weights. He also doesn't want her typing. So, she uses a voice recognition system to be on the computer called Dragon Naturally Speaking. He said it would be too easy for her to overstretch the nerves in her arms. He doesn't want her taking online courses at this time. He just wants her to relax, go out with friends, takes walks and enjoying being pain free without having any stress. It's too easy for the RSD to come back.
It just blows us away to see her walk out the house, go up and down steps, etc. when a bit over 4 months ago, she could only move her neck!!
Praise the Lord and DAMN; those German docs are amazing with what they can do. In fact, everything about the German medical hospital staff was wonderful. Gotta love 'em.

warren0728
August 7th, 2008, 09:05 AM
man that is excellent news! :bravo:

still sending healing mojo your way!! :AOK:

thanks for the update....

ww

Rocket
August 7th, 2008, 09:09 AM
Is there a backstory that can clarify this thread a bit?
Who is Baby Cobra?... Boosters?... RSD?

I must have missed something while I was away.

warren0728
August 7th, 2008, 09:18 AM
Is there a backstory that can clarify this thread a bit?
Who is Baby Cobra?... Boosters?... RSD?

I must have missed something while I was away.
i think this is the first thread....

http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=6751

ww

aeolian
August 7th, 2008, 09:30 AM
That is excellent news! I'm sure the stress level in your household is way down, and that makes life so much easier.

duhvoodooman
August 7th, 2008, 09:55 AM
Amazing progress!! Just great to hear she's doing so well. Miraculous, almost! :AOK: :dude: :bravo: :beer:

Rocket
August 7th, 2008, 10:06 AM
Good deal PBP... nice!

just strum
August 7th, 2008, 10:37 AM
Pie, it's great to see a pattern of positive news about your daughter. I'm glad you are witnessing a miracle and you and your family recognize the people that have helped and the powers that look over your entire family.

Always love to hear positive and powerful news.

SuperSwede
August 7th, 2008, 10:48 AM
Awesome news, truly a miracle!

R_of_G
August 7th, 2008, 11:58 AM
Fantastic news Pie! I wish for continued recovery for her, and all the best for your family.

ted s
August 7th, 2008, 12:06 PM
Excellent news ! I am truly glad to hear things are looking up.

Algonquin
August 7th, 2008, 12:18 PM
+1 on what the Folks above have said!... Good Karma to you and yours.
David

tjcurtin1
August 7th, 2008, 01:17 PM
Just terrific news, Pie! Sounds like you're all getting your lives back!

luvmyshiner
August 7th, 2008, 02:01 PM
Sweet Pie! Now, when will she be able to play guitar so y'all can start up the family band?:beer:

sunvalleylaw
August 7th, 2008, 03:01 PM
+1 to what the others have said. Great news! All the best!

Tim
August 7th, 2008, 03:24 PM
Thanks for the update Pie. Fantastic news indeed! Yes your daughter is a walking miracle. This should make her more special in your eyes. I am especially happy that she is in remission and enjoying life. Hopefully though her sickness and recovery she knows how precious it really is. Please pass on my best wishes and prayers to her.

warren0728
August 7th, 2008, 03:25 PM
tim! good to see you...i was thinking about you today and was wondering where you were!

ww

peachhead
August 7th, 2008, 04:26 PM
Excellent news, PBP- my wife and I are really glad to hear that things are going so well. Please keep us updated!

Childbride
August 7th, 2008, 05:48 PM
Wonderful news, PBP... we're thrilled! :D

bigoldron
August 7th, 2008, 06:46 PM
Excellent news, Pie! Your girl sounds like a real trooper! Ya'll will definitely be in our prayers! :bravo: :AOK:

Brian Krashpad
August 8th, 2008, 07:34 AM
I don't know how I missed the prior posts about this (other than my usual inattention and short memory span) but that's great news! Prayers and mojo.

Deustchland ist sehr gut!

sumitomo
August 8th, 2008, 07:56 AM
WOW!!! That is just great news,I tend to agree with you about the doctors outside of the USA (not all of them but most)they are passionate about what they do its not all about money,but its just great to hear so please continue to keep us posted.Sumi:D

Katastrophe
August 8th, 2008, 10:43 AM
Man, that's awesome news, PBP. Tell her the entire Fretter community around the world is sending continued healing mojo her way!