PDA

View Full Version : Combo Distortion Pedal

piebaldpython
August 7th, 2008, 01:13 PM
Any of you have any LOVE for this combination distortion/overdrive pedal from Line 6???
http://line6.com/stompboxmodelers/dm4.html

duhvoodooman
August 7th, 2008, 03:53 PM
I don't know about this particular pedal, but a while back I tried a Boss OD-20 "Drive Zone" multi-distortion modeler similar in concept to this one. Really didn't care for it. It had 22 different fuzz, distortion and overdrive models, and I found about 4 of them that sounded reasonably good, but none that I liked as well as my various analog stompers. Most of them struck me as very unnatural sounding--definitely a "processed" feel, for lack of a better description. Several were just plain ghastly sounding--harsh and grating, with WAY too much nasty top-end. Got it off eBay and it was back there again within a week....

Gutmann
August 12th, 2008, 03:12 AM
I haven't tried the particular Pedal, but the other Line6-Modellers are pretty good. But most of the overdrive/distortion-modellers I've heard sound sterile and unnatural (like duhvoodooman said).

Anyway, as far as drive pedals are concerned, I'd prefer 2 or 3 standard pedals to a modeller. Get a TS, an OCD and a bigmuff or check out the Tech21 Sansamp as a really flexible pedal.

Any specific sound, you want to realize?

Greets Uli