PDA

View Full Version : other mail apps for Mac

ted s
August 7th, 2008, 02:26 PM
Any suggestions ? I'm trying out Thunderbird but it doesn't seem to be able to import my contacts and save mail.

thanks

Ted

Robert
August 7th, 2008, 02:38 PM
There is only one worth considering (operating system irrelevant) - the mighty Gmail (http://gmail.com)!

ted s
August 7th, 2008, 02:53 PM
thanks for the response Robert, but my main email is a sympatico pop account. Can gmail handle that ?

warren0728
August 7th, 2008, 02:58 PM
just curious...what do you not like about mac's email program....mail?

ww

just strum
August 7th, 2008, 03:01 PM
what's a mac :poke:

ted s
August 7th, 2008, 03:02 PM
Actually Warren, the ONLY thing I don't like about it is it doesn't do read/recv. receipts (at least that I can figure)
If'n Im-a knob miss'n the big picture, feel free to tell me.

ted s
August 7th, 2008, 03:05 PM
what's a mac :poke:

Not to be confused with a Royale with cheese.

SuperSwede
August 7th, 2008, 03:12 PM
Microsoft Entourage (comes with Office) aint too bad..

It handles receipts and grandma´s recipes just fine...

warren0728
August 7th, 2008, 03:24 PM
i didn't install entourage when i installed office...just installed the minimum i needed to deal with client files (word, excel and powerpoint)....are you using entourage ss or are you using mail?

ww

SuperSwede
August 7th, 2008, 03:26 PM
I use Mail at home, for me it works perfectly..

At work I am forced to use Novell Groupwise which is a horrible horrible email client!

Robert
August 7th, 2008, 03:36 PM
Ted, Gmail can handle any POP server, and you of course have email available anywhere you go (regardless of computer brand and operating system). As long as Gmail is around and works the way it does now, I will never use anything else. It's probably my number 1 application of all the software I use. Storage is not an issue - you get over 7 GB and I use it for storing mp3s and other stuff too. Always accessible! :AOK:

markb
August 7th, 2008, 03:59 PM
I access three email accounts via gmail (with POP access available on all three if stuck). I never use a local mail client.

ted s
August 7th, 2008, 04:09 PM
thanks for the gmail tip, I set it up and can see how I would like to consolidate my accounts. No problem with my pop account but my yahoo is not a plus account and won't support it, maybe time to phase out my yahoo.

thanks guys ! yooz giez are aOk, I don't care what anyone says !

ted s
August 18th, 2008, 05:16 PM
Hey, does anyone know of an easy way to get a contact list into gmail ?

marnold
August 18th, 2008, 06:11 PM
Hey, does anyone know of an easy way to get a contact list into gmail ?
Gmail will accept contact lists exported in a comma-separated-values (CSV) file. http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=8301

ted s
August 18th, 2008, 06:36 PM
thanks Rev!

markb
August 18th, 2008, 08:50 PM
BTW, Ted, get a copy of gDisk and you can use your 7GB (and counting) gmail storage for file backup too.

http://gdisk.sourceforge.net/

Jipes
August 19th, 2008, 03:12 AM
Any suggestions ? I'm trying out Thunderbird but it doesn't seem to be able to import my contacts and save mail.

thanks

Ted

I use the Mail account on Opera (works with Pop account) and it's ok for what I'm doing Anyway I never liked the Mail program on the Macs

sunvalleylaw
August 19th, 2008, 08:08 AM
Actually Warren, the ONLY thing I don't like about it is it doesn't do read/recv. receipts (at least that I can figure)
If'n Im-a knob miss'n the big picture, feel free to tell me.

Hmm, I have never really used those. I really like it. I had Outlook as part of MS Office before that and disliked it. I hope the combination with gMail gives you what you need.