PDA

View Full Version : Behringer LX1200 Head

king_petrucci
August 8th, 2008, 12:22 AM
Hey. I have owned this amp for about 6 months. Just wanted to hear everyone's opinions and maybe some advice on how to get more out of it.

Katastrophe
August 8th, 2008, 03:05 PM
I've played on the Behringer VTone head, but not the LX1200H. I thought is sounded pretty good, and durn near blasted me out of the amp room that I was playing in. Plenty loud for just about everyone.

As for "how to get more out of it," what do you mean? Is the amp too quiet? Are the presets flexible enough for you? Explain, please.

king_petrucci
August 9th, 2008, 02:54 AM
It goes loud but not really powerful. Just doesnt have the bottom end im lookin for. Prob just the wrong amp for me lol

Katastrophe
August 9th, 2008, 05:02 AM
Well, not necessarily...

Have you checked all the models to see which one matches your needs yet? I'll bet some have more bottom end than others.

Have you checked each preset that you use? When I had my rack setup, depending on the patch, I would have at least 2 different bass controls, and as many as 4 that all needed tweaking.

What kind of guitar are you playing? What kind of pickups, single coil, P90, humbucker? Pickups will have a serious effect on the lowend part of your sound.

Are you "scooping the mids," trying to get a "metal" tone? If so, you could be taking a lot of power out of your sound. If your mids are set at zero, try bumping them up a bit.

Finally, here's a website that I found that may be of use to you. It's a tone library for Behringer V-Amp, but since your head is just an amplified version of that, I figured this may help.

http://www.vamptones.com/

king_petrucci
August 9th, 2008, 06:23 PM
its pretty much behringer's top of the line modeller. I am trying to get a metal sound out of it. I play ibanez guitars with humbuckers. I think its probably because its a solid state. I prob should have gone with a tube or valve head

marnold
August 9th, 2008, 09:25 PM
its pretty much behringer's top of the line modeller. I am trying to get a metal sound out of it. I play ibanez guitars with humbuckers. I think its probably because its a solid state. I prob should have gone with a tube or valve head
Have you tried it with other cabs? That will go a long way towards changing the tone.

Actually, artists who either need REALLY clean or REALLY distorted tones often use solid state ampfs because tube ampfs have a hard time being clean and loud or extremely distorted. E.g. Dimebag Darrell who played Randall solid state ampfs until he switched to Krank towards the end of his life.

king_petrucci
August 9th, 2008, 09:51 PM
yeah i have heard that. my cab is 4x12 400 watt so it should do the job. i used to own a 100 watt fender tube and it was alot more powerful and loud. i dont think i ever turned it up past 4