PDA

View Full Version : My new Wendler fretless bass

Carlström
August 8th, 2008, 12:31 AM
This is hands down the best bass i have ever laid hands on. With it's innovative magpi system you can blend a warm piezo tone with the great electric tone smooth to get it just how you want it. The piezo/acoustic tone is as close as you can come to upright in a "normal" bass, its just fantastic.
I could go on raving about it but lets make it short. It looks great, it sounds great, it feels great and i'm bloody happy about it :bravo:

They are built to order so you can customize how you want it. Dave Wendler is a great guy, really nice to deal with and always helpful.
Oh and the price...they start from 999usd and then you add any extras you might want (like ebony board instead of pau ferro etc). And come one, 999usd for a handmade instrument thats just insanely good deal!!!!

http://www.tomas-carlstrom.se/wendlerbas/IMG_3749.jpg

http://www.tomas-carlstrom.se/wendlerbas/IMG_3761.jpg

oh and Dave also makes fantastic guitars, i do own one of those aswell :dude:

SuperSwede
August 8th, 2008, 02:52 AM
Wow, nice bass!

What lake is that?

Carlström
August 8th, 2008, 03:16 AM
that's Rocksjön :)

SuperSwede
August 8th, 2008, 04:19 AM
oh... I should have seen that! I´ve been there a couple of times.

Algonquin
August 8th, 2008, 05:26 AM
That's a beautiful instrument Carlström :bravo: It very much resembles an acoustic bass in ways... Awesome!

I love the backdrop for the photo's, I can imagine their is a lunker Pike hiding in the grass just waiting to be caught!
Cheers :beer:

marnold
August 8th, 2008, 07:45 AM
Wow! That looks like an object de art as much as an instrument.

Katastrophe
August 8th, 2008, 11:11 AM
That has got to be, hands down, the most beautiful bass I have ever seen.

$999 for craftsmanship like that is ridiculously good. It's nice to see someone doing what appears to be quality, custom work at a decent price.

Carlström
August 9th, 2008, 12:03 AM
Well I did put on some options to my bass, burst finish and ebony board so it ran abit more than 999 but still a very very good deal for me :D

SuperSwede
August 9th, 2008, 02:51 AM
And you dare to bring a 999+ usd instrument to Rocksjön?? :D

Carlström
August 12th, 2008, 03:48 AM
of course, much safer than bringing it to Munksjön or Vätterstranden

Algonquin
August 12th, 2008, 05:14 AM
of course, much safer than bringing it to Munksjön or Vätterstranden
Or Torneträsk or Storsjön for that matter! :eek: