PDA

View Full Version : Original song: Right For You

Carlström
August 8th, 2008, 12:38 AM
Hey people, been awhile since last time but i've been busy with stuff, among others recording. Here's a orignal song of mine, hope you enjoy it. I've done everything on this recording from the writing to the playing of all instruments (well more programming than playing on the drums), singing and mixing.

T. Carlström - Right For You

www.tomas-carlstrom.se/music/audio_/t-carlstrom_right-for-you.mp3

SuperSwede
August 8th, 2008, 02:51 AM
I really like the vocals!

The guitars were really good too, but imho the chorus could have some more electric guitar.
:bravo:

Carlström
August 8th, 2008, 03:18 AM
Thanks, glad you liked it! :D

I will have a look at more electric guitar in the chorus but i'm not sure, i mean i want it to have more of a pop than rock feeling.

Algonquin
August 8th, 2008, 05:34 AM
Strong vocals, excellent compostion and playing, catchy melody line... that was very well done :AOK: You've got to me incredibly proud of that recording... very, very nice indeed. The vocal harmonies were very impressive as well, you can tell a great deal of effort went into this tune, and it shows.

Excellent.

Vihar
August 8th, 2008, 06:28 AM
Congratulations, Carlström! I really liked it. Reminded me a bit of Gin Blossoms, and a bit of A-Ha, too. I mean it as a good thing. Thank you for showing your music. :AOK:

Carlström
August 8th, 2008, 07:37 AM
Thank you for your comments, always feels good when people like the stuff you've put so much effort in to :)

Vihar, you are the second one that comments on similarity to Gin Blossoms and I've never heard of the band before. I really must check them out for myself

sunvalleylaw
August 8th, 2008, 07:39 AM
Yeah! It recalled a bit of Gin Blossoms to me as well, but it is its own thing too. The chorus makes it yours. I am not so sure a little more guitar in the chorus would hurt the pop feeling. It would be fun to hear the difference. But I definitely like it as it is.

Re: Gin Blossoms, search youtube for them and "Found Out About You" There is a well produced vid you can watch.

Carlström
August 8th, 2008, 07:41 AM
Thanks. i'll definatly give it a whirl with remixing the chorus and adding another guitar track.

helliott
August 8th, 2008, 08:20 AM
Very nice work here, Tomas. Great song structure, and the harmonies are quite striking. This song has a great pop hook, very memorable.

warren0728
August 8th, 2008, 08:50 AM
excellent...really like the vocals too! :bravo:

ww

aeolian
August 8th, 2008, 10:43 AM
You have a very nicely put together song. I do some home recording so I know how much effort it is to have something come off so seamlessly. The melody and arrangement are excellent, and you sing well. If I were to find fault I would say that there are spots where you did not quite hit the notes; but your singing is much better than average as it is. I enjoyed it have have given it more than one listen already.

Carlström
August 9th, 2008, 12:08 AM
Thank you all for the kind words :D

I know there is still need for improvement with my singing but I'm very happy that i've lately reached this level of singing that i got so that i no longer feel ashamed about hearing my own singing (or having others hear it)