PDA

View Full Version : what is it about dogs?

Childbride
August 8th, 2008, 07:51 PM
i've had katie, my 16-year-old peek-a-pamp [her mom was a peekapoo, her dad was the neighborhood tramp] since she was five weeks old.

i was opening stores for a now-defunct big box chain at the time as a corporate trainer, and one of the very pregnant [with twins] cashiers in the store in question gave her to me as a going away present the night before i left the store.

i snuck her into the hotel i had been residing in for eight weeks' time in my guy's dress shirt pocket, and she looked like a toy [she fit in the palm of your hand] and no one questioned.

she slept in my hair on my pillow that night.

========

you go through a workweek, you give everything that you have. you get to friday, and you are so friggin tired, you feel transparent.

i sat down in the hallway, and katie came to me

and pressed her forehead up to mine and kinda rubbed foreheads, like she used to do when i was in law school, when i was all used up.

then she crawled in my lap, and just started licking my face.

how do they know? how do they just know, that if they do certain things, somehow, everything is just All Better?

[rhetorical question]

Robert
August 8th, 2008, 07:52 PM
Because they are man's best friend?

street music
August 8th, 2008, 08:10 PM
CB, Robert said it best. I don't own a dog at this time but I spent 25 years of showing , breeding, and training dogs and that was with over 25 different breeds. They know us better than we do , I miss one greatly. Our dogs required a lot of time and when my wife had a breakdown I had to spend more time with her.
Our boxers were by far the greatest breed of dog I have ever known and Kodiak can attest to the fact that they were his buddies when he was growing up.
Glad your puppy could help ease the pain of a long week, it will be better now.

Spudman
August 8th, 2008, 09:38 PM
Dogs = Love. We could all take lessons from them...most of them.

peachhead
August 8th, 2008, 09:45 PM
Like Tom T. Hall said: "...dogs care about you, even when you make mistakes."
It always makes my day better, when I come home from anywhere, my dogs are just so happy to see me, no matter what.

player
August 9th, 2008, 12:02 AM
Many dogs if not most can sense things going on with their human masters (really didn't want to call us their master) they're more like family.
when you do not feel good they know it.as their love is unconditional they will do what they think makes you feel better.most times it is right on the money so to speak.every human could learn from our animal friends but no people will be people.not so swift most times.what humans do to each other don't think I'll ever understand the why.glad your dog made you feel better it is something they do best. :D

aeolian
August 9th, 2008, 11:26 AM
My dog Molly is sitting on my lap right now as I sit at my desk reading this. I used to only have cats, she's our first dog because my kids and my wife wanted one. Now that she's with us it's hard to imagine our house without her.

http://home.comcast.net/~kitn13/photos/molly.jpg

just strum
August 9th, 2008, 11:34 AM
Mine sleep

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/auroraohio/Picture220.jpg

My son is going to buy a Doberman, that should make things interesting. The two we have now are Rat Terriers, but look like tiny Doberman's, especially my 10 lb one.

just strum
August 9th, 2008, 11:37 AM
My dog Molly is sitting on my lap right now as I sit at my desk reading this. I used to only have cats, she's our first dog because my kids and my wife wanted one. Now that she's with us it's hard to imagine our house without her.

http://home.comcast.net/~kitn13/photos/molly.jpg

Cute dog, hope she's not eying one of those guitar chewys

Algonquin
August 9th, 2008, 12:00 PM
Now that she's with us it's hard to imagine our house without her.Pets fill a void in our lives we never knew existed.