PDA

View Full Version : Amp situation

M29
August 9th, 2008, 06:43 PM
Hello,
I bought a Fender Frontman 15 small combo amp for my son off of ebay about a week ago. I wrote to see when it was going to get to me or a general idea when it was shipped and the guy wrote back saying he refunded my money. He said his assistant did not check the amp and there was something wrong with the plug and he could not sell it like that.
I am ticked because I got it for 49.99 shipped which is a pretty good price for this amp. I think he realized that and wants to try to get more for it. Maybe he is telling the truth but I am ticked. I payed with paypal and he refunded it back in my paypal account already.
Can he just do that like that? I really wanted that amp for my son to take to college with the Strat I put together for him. He is a dealer with 2397 feedback.

M29

just strum
August 9th, 2008, 06:48 PM
Hello,
I bought a Fender Frontman 15 small combo amp for my son off of ebay about a week ago. I wrote to see when it was going to get to me or a general idea when it was shipped and the guy wrote back saying he refunded my money. He said his assistant did not check the amp and there was something wrong with the plug and he could not sell it like that.
I am ticked because I got it for 49.99 shipped which is a pretty good price for this amp. I think he realized that and wants to try to get more for it. Maybe he is telling the truth but I am ticked. I payed with paypal and he refunded it back in my paypal account already.
Can he just do that like that? I really wanted that amp for my son to take to college with the Strat I put together for him. He is a dealer with 2397 feedback.

M29

I've had my fill with e-bay and PayPal and won't get into the story. They can pretty much do whatever they please, especially someone that has racked up that many transactions.

Check your PM shortly.

Spudman
August 9th, 2008, 06:54 PM
About the only thing you can do is since you are the buyer is to leave feedback that questions his validity. He can't leave any for you. Now you'll just have to keep looking for that other Frontman 15 (good amp for what they are).

tjcurtin1
August 9th, 2008, 07:24 PM
If you don't mind the possibility of getting it with a plug problem, you could call his bluff and say that you don't care, you want it anyway (hmmm... tho if he sent it he'd have to bust the plug to make good on his claim....)

just strum
August 9th, 2008, 08:08 PM
WackyT, I doubt that is going to get M29 anywhere. He's not out anything, since he was reimbursed his money. Regardless of what the seller did, his story demonstrates good faith.

I don't agree with it, but I had the same thing happen when I bought my first Peavey Tele. The guy said when he pulled it from stock they noticed damage that effected play. He reimbursed the money, ebay said end of discussion.

M29
August 9th, 2008, 08:26 PM
Thank you for your time and help guys. I will look into your responses.

Any tips on a decent amp that I could get used for 50.00 to 65.00? My son will be going back to college the end of the month and I want to get one that he can take with him.

I have bid on a few Marshall MG 15's but did not win. He likes the idea of being able to plug his headphones in and also a CD player.

M29

M29
August 9th, 2008, 09:27 PM
Hello,

strum has generously offered me an amp of his for my son. Thank you very much just strum:AOK:

pm sent

M29

just strum
August 9th, 2008, 09:30 PM
Hello,

strum has generously offered me an amp of his for my son. Thank you very much just strum:AOK:

pm sent

M29

M29,

Clear your storage, your box won't accept anymore PM's.

just strum
August 9th, 2008, 09:45 PM
Hello,

pm sent

M29

Hey, no big deal, glad I could help.

The computer box gets another life.

http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=7678

peachhead
August 9th, 2008, 10:00 PM
Very cool.

That means once he's done with it, he needs to find something to ship to another fretter using that same box.

:D

M29
August 9th, 2008, 10:06 PM
Hey the FretNet toy box or the DVM box. Will have to keep in the Fret.Net family:rockon:

M29

just strum
August 10th, 2008, 07:51 AM
Ran it through some tests this morning to make sure it was still functional and it's all systems go.

I didn't use the CD and never have since I owned it, I'm assuming that it works. I have to look around for the paperwork and I will throw that in the box.

Certainly not the best of pics, but you can show them to your son.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/auroraohio/Picture1024.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/auroraohio/Picture1025.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/auroraohio/Picture1026.jpg

warren0728
August 10th, 2008, 08:18 AM
i don't care what everyone says....you're ok in my book strum! :beer:

ww

tot_Ou_tard
August 10th, 2008, 08:42 AM

ww
Yes, but notice that he doesn't show a picture of the plug..hmmmm.

just strum
August 10th, 2008, 08:45 AM

nor the inside, you know, where the speaker goes. I can't sell them cheap, if I don't cut corners. Besides, when M29 opens up the cab, I'm sure he can use the two bricks as cornerstones for the new patio.

warren0728
August 10th, 2008, 09:37 AM
good point :whatever: ....forget what i said :thwap: :poke: :rotflmao:

ww

just strum
August 10th, 2008, 09:37 AM

ww

Warren, sometimes you just have to prove the critics wrong (assuming that's critics spelled - shiner)

just strum
August 10th, 2008, 09:50 AM
Hello,

pm sent

M29

I think I need to clarify something - I didn't give this away, so it's not as if I did something someone else wouldn't do. The only thing I did was sell an amp that I hadn't really given much thought of selling.

So, as much as I appreciate the thanks, I didn't do anything special.

M29
August 10th, 2008, 11:11 AM
Man I missed all this over night, you guys crack me up.

The amp looks great strum, thank you for the awesome deal, I will show my son today he will be thrilled.

Now about that plug the guys were talking about.......

M29

just strum
August 13th, 2008, 06:56 PM
Well, M29 is now the proud owner of thefret computer box that was kindly donated by DVM. He will retain the box until one of the fretters makes a purchase from him, at which time he will use the computer box for shipment of purchased item.

WARNING: If you buy a guitar from M29, make sure it has a bolt on neck.

player
August 13th, 2008, 07:38 PM
nor the inside, you know, where the speaker goes. I can't sell them cheap, if I don't cut corners. Besides, when M29 opens up the cab, I'm sure he can use the two bricks as cornerstones for the new patio.
I see an input and power plug in back,input front so I dunno tot.might question about the bricks though :D

just strum
August 13th, 2008, 07:47 PM
I see an input and power plug in back,input front so I dunno tot.might question about the bricks though :D

Hey, not just any bricks, we are talking high quality patio brick. I'm not going to be accused of ripping off a fellow fretter.

luvmyshiner
August 13th, 2008, 07:52 PM
Man, how did I miss this thread. That amp looks brand friggin' new Strum. Congrats M29, I'm sure your son is gonna' love it.

However, if the CD doesn't work, let me know. It's not the first time I've sued Strum, and it certainly won't be the last.:AOK:

just strum
August 13th, 2008, 08:14 PM
Man, how did I miss this thread. That amp looks brand friggin' new Strum. Congrats M29, I'm sure your son is gonna' love it.

However, if the CD doesn't work, let me know. It's not the first time I've sued Strum, and it certainly won't be the last.:AOK:

Hey, you are making me look bad by exaggerating the truth - some of those cases are pending.

M29
August 13th, 2008, 08:22 PM
The amp is sweet and the CD input works!. The bricks don't match what I have in the yard but hey bricks are bricks they do what bricks do:D

My son likes it and it sounds very good. It has a very nice clean and the effects are a big plus. A sweet package indeed. Thanks again strum.

M29

player
August 13th, 2008, 10:37 PM
JS maybe you should have mentioned there was a speaker with the patio bricks?sounds like M29's son is happy though.Some of shiners cases?interesting indeed :poke: