PDA

View Full Version : FIXED!!! Rough track from our new demo.

hubberjub
August 10th, 2008, 07:18 AM
I just thought I'd post this barely mixed and unmastered track from our upcoming demo. This is a song written by a local songwriter named Tom Brown and it's called Chicken Town. It's kind of a creepy rocking country tune. I play the guitar harmonics during the choruses and the crunchy guitar parts in the verses. Both solos are mine as well. The vocals are still the scratch track (it isn't me singing if you're wondering). If you have a couple of minutes please give it a listen and tell me what you think.
Thanks
Patrick

http://www.box.net/shared/vbiv3lagro

just strum
August 10th, 2008, 08:56 AM
I just thought I'd post this barely mixed and unmastered track from our upcoming demo. This is a song written by a local songwriter named Tom Brown and it's called Chicken Town. I play the guitar harmonics during the choruses and the crunchy guitar parts in the verses. Both solos are mine as well. I appologize but my license on my MP3 converter went out so it's just saved as a .wav file. If you have a couple of minutes please give it a listen and tell me what you think.
Thanks
Patrick

http://www.box.net/shared/dk4e59aote

I can't get it to play.

ET335
August 10th, 2008, 11:48 AM
Won't work for me either Patrick:confused:

marnold
August 10th, 2008, 02:16 PM
It's only 44 bytes so something is wrong. As far as MP3 encoding goes, Google for "LAME". That's not a snide comment, that's an open-source MP3 encoder.

hubberjub
August 11th, 2008, 06:07 AM
Back up and running. Sorry about that. I found a converter too.

Justaguyin_nc
August 11th, 2008, 10:08 AM
I like the beat...
got a Sultans of Swing to it...
Really enjoyed the guitars..
:AOK:

marnold
August 11th, 2008, 02:36 PM
I liked it! Glad the vocals aren't the final version. I was hoping for the first solo to be longer so I was glad when the second one came around. I agree with the Dire Straits comparison. It reminds me of something else right now, but exactly what it is is eluding me.

helliott
August 11th, 2008, 04:15 PM
Like the tune a lot. By the time it's mastered it'll really cook. Love your solos. If you're looking for suggestions, I'd suggest a bit more air in one or both. The song has a nice pocket that wants to come through, and space between notes helps with that.
Looking forward to hearing it later in its gestation.

hubberjub
August 11th, 2008, 09:19 PM
Thanks for the input guys. I appreciate all you have.

aeolian
August 12th, 2008, 03:00 PM
Patrick, that's a very cool song with a nice kick to it. I like everything about it except the vocals, which sounds like would be redone. Your guitar playing is excellent, I especially like the 'staccato' bit near the end. I don't hear too many guitar-centric songs nowadays, and this is a good one.

I'm guessing you are using one of your humbucker guitars on this. I also have a Heritage H535 and it currently has flatwounds on it. I saw your response to my post about my Melancon, I would really like to hear what one of these boutique guitars would sound like in your hands.

I'm giving this one multiple plays.

M29
August 12th, 2008, 03:09 PM
Sounds good Patrick, the guitar work is very tasty, has a Marshall Tucker kind of feel. I think the vocal could be lower it kind of over powers the instruments.
Cool man:AOK:

M29

Spudman
August 12th, 2008, 07:13 PM
Cool! It reminds me of the Crash Test Dummies. cluck

hubberjub
August 12th, 2008, 08:13 PM
Patrick, that's a very cool song with a nice kick to it. I like everything about it except the vocals, which sounds like would be redone. Your guitar playing is excellent, I especially like the 'staccato' bit near the end. I don't hear too many guitar-centric songs nowadays, and this is a good one.

I'm guessing you are using one of your humbucker guitars on this. I also have a Heritage H535 and it currently has flatwounds on it. I saw your response to my post about my Melancon, I would really like to hear what one of these boutique guitars would sound like in your hands.

I'm giving this one multiple plays.
Thanks Aeolian. The rhythm parts were cut with my Modulus which has Dimarzio Virtual P90s on it. They are technically humbuckers. Both solos were done using my Heritage 535. That has the stock humbuckers on it but I want to replace them with Duncan Phat Cats or some other humbucker sized P90. I like my guitars to snarl.:AOK: Enjoy that Melancon.