PDA

View Full Version : Rice Crispies Vox?

tjcurtin1
August 11th, 2008, 08:02 AM
Is it normal for a Vox ad30vt to crackle and pop when first turned on? This is what happens with mine, for about 90 seconds - then it stops, and is fine while playing. Since the unit is new (bought as a blem, actually) and still under warranty, I wanted to know now if this was normal or something to be concerned about.

Robert
August 11th, 2008, 08:08 AM
No, definitely NOT normal. Take it back.

tjcurtin1
August 12th, 2008, 07:03 PM
Oops! (Blush...) The amp is fine - I had only had a chance to use it twice, and that second time I think that the input plug was sitting on the rug (and not in the guitar) which probably was causing the noises....

So, the rice crispies are back in my cereal bowl... I am loving the ad30vt and have a load of questions, but will spend more time with it to see if I can answer some of them myself.

Thanks, Robert!

Robert
August 12th, 2008, 08:53 PM
Yeah, plugging the cord into the guitar is ACTUALLY a pretty useful thing to do if you want guitar tone.... ;) :D

ShortBuSX
August 13th, 2008, 06:54 AM
...if you want guitar tone.... ;) :D

Guitar???:thwap:
:rotflmao:

tjcurtin1
August 13th, 2008, 07:44 AM
Unless, of course, the tone you get in your imagination is better than what you can actually manage....;)

OK, I set myself up for that one - what I MEANT was that when I turned the amp on, the guitar was unplugged, and after I plugged it in, the crackling stopped! I assumed (wrongly) that it was a 'warm up' phenomenon.