PDA

View Full Version : How about a band recommendation

sensei
August 12th, 2008, 01:06 PM
Hey all,

I'm looking for a band (too learn some songs), that's kinda like Wolfmother. By that, I mean, pretty easy riffs, mostly power chord based, catchy sound.

Definitely not Green Day. Any suggestions are welcome (except greenday)

Thanks

R_of_G
August 12th, 2008, 01:08 PM
I think the most obvious answer to this question would be the Ramones. I know how to play the vast majority of their songs and not one of them is particularly difficult.

ShortBuSX
August 12th, 2008, 03:32 PM
Hey all,

I'm looking for a band (too learn some songs), that's kinda like Wolfmother. By that, I mean, pretty easy riffs, mostly power chord based, catchy sound.

Thanks

BLACK SABBATH :dude: :rockon:

sunvalleylaw
August 12th, 2008, 03:50 PM
Nirvana - Nevermind album works as well.

t_ross33
August 12th, 2008, 04:38 PM
AC/DC

'nuff said

:beer:

er, OK one more...

The Cult

Squireman131
August 12th, 2008, 06:05 PM
maybe its just my bias but alot of coheed and cambrias songs are catchy and the rythm guitar is almost all power chords. id try a favor house atlantic or devil in jersey city... they be easy

Spudman
August 12th, 2008, 06:42 PM
Check out the Tiles album - Flypaper.
http://www.tiles-music.com/

sensei
August 13th, 2008, 06:00 AM
Thanks all for the ideas...

Tibernius
August 13th, 2008, 06:41 PM
Hey all,

Thanks

Try some songs by Ash. The lead for their songs is impossible but the rythm's fairly easy to play and, on most songs, mainly power chords.

Katastrophe
August 13th, 2008, 07:32 PM
Look up some vids by Priestess. Those guys rock. Great tunes, and stripped down, unpretentious rock n' roll.:AOK:

marnold
August 13th, 2008, 08:47 PM
Some of the "poppier" Judas Priest tunes would be up your street: "You've Got Another Thing Coming," "Livin' After Midnight," etc.