PDA

View Full Version : Sean Costello's last album

Jimi75
August 12th, 2008, 01:22 PM
Just got my copy of Sean Costello's "We can get together" and it is the bomb. I saw him live once and loved how much soul he put in his music, he seemed so much more authentic than for e.g. Joe Bonamassa or some of the other new cats in the circus.

Here's an instrumental played live in Amsterdam:

pPmIPaWdChU

sunvalleylaw
August 12th, 2008, 01:53 PM
I love this style of playing Jimi! I really like infusing blues with soul influences too. Do you know if this instrumental is available on a recording? Is there more like this on the latest cd or his others? I am going to get me some.

Jimi75
August 12th, 2008, 02:30 PM
I love this style of playing Jimi! I really like infusing blues with soul influences too. Do you know if this instrumental is available on a recording? Is there more like this on the latest cd or his others? I am going to get me some.

There's a lot of good Memphis sould mixed with Blues on the latest CD. Such pinstrumental playing is not on it, but lots of excellent guitar work that will drop your jaw. Listen to some clips before buying it. On youtube you can chekc songs like "Have you no shame" or Hard luck woman" if you want to get a rough idea of what the album sounds like.

birv2
August 13th, 2008, 07:39 AM
The blues community lost a great one when he died. He had the whole package, singing and playing.

Check out his rendition of Double Trouble live....

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ApbOc39A0xY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ApbOc39A0xY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Bob

RIP Sean. We miss you.

Lev
August 13th, 2008, 09:29 AM
he seemed so much more authentic than for e.g. Joe Bonamassa or some of the other new cats in the circus.

What is not authentic about Joe Bonamassa? Just curious, it's the first negative comment I've seen about Joe on an internet forum.

jpfeifer
August 13th, 2008, 04:51 PM
Jimi, wow, I love this guy's playing. Very nice stuff. I love those guys who mix it up and play a mixture of Jazz licks into their Blues playing. This guy is great. I've not discovered him till now.

Thanks for sending this.

-- Jim

jpfeifer
August 13th, 2008, 04:54 PM
This guy really had it. It's too bad that I am just now finding out about him and he has already passed away. What happened, did he have drug issues or somehing?

Really too bad.

-- Jim

Robert
August 13th, 2008, 05:23 PM
Jim, see here - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sean_Costello#Death

Jimi75
August 14th, 2008, 11:54 AM
What is not authentic about Joe Bonamassa? Just curious, it's the first negative comment I've seen about Joe on an internet forum.

Oh sorry, it wasn't meant to mean that Joe is not authentic. Of course Joe is a great musician,too an I love his music and have seen him many times live, but Sean was kind of more pure not so overproduced in a way - but hey as always this is subjective.

To me Joe B. and Sean are both just :master:

Jipes
August 15th, 2008, 03:11 AM
Just got my copy of Sean Costello's "We can get together" and it is the bomb. I saw him live once and loved how much soul he put in his music, he seemed so much more authentic than for e.g. Joe Bonamassa or some of the other new cats in the circus.

Here's an instrumental played live in Amsterdam:

Wonderful instrumental it's really a pity that this great artist died so young :thwap: