PDA

View Full Version : Kazz got 2 new guitars

Kazz
August 13th, 2008, 04:37 AM
Yeah I know...you are prolly thinking this goes up above somewhere....but not this time LMAO.

My 40th is coming....in less than 3 weeks and what did my wife and kiddoes get me......Guitar Hero III and Rockband for Playstation 2.

The GH III is used and we bought it off of shopgoodwill.com paid about $45 for it with shipping.....then as always happens in these cases....I checked Fatwallet.com and lo and behold Guitar Center has them on sale for $39.99.

I was kinda bummed that it cost me about $2.50 more to get a used one than I would have paid for a new one.....but I kept reading the thread over there...and another poster chimed in that they ALSO had Rockband on sale for $69.99.

I thought.....ummm no friggen way it is almost $200 at Wal-Mart.....so we load up the kids and make the 30 mile trek into town to check this out.....We had to go to Wal-Mart anyway....so we were there and they had it marked down to $169.92 or something silly like Wally World generally does with its pricing so I immediately think that going to Guitar Center is going to turn into just another trip of my lusting over that Gibson Les Paul Mahogany they have for $799.

We decide to go over and torture my soul anyway.....and walk around the store...no video games anywhere....I went into the acoustic room....the electric room...the drum and piano room....no games.....was just about to give up when I decided to go look for a capo......and voila.....GHIII for $39.99.....but Rockband was priced at $99.99.

I told the clerk that I was there because of a post on Fatwallet where they said a person in Georgia had bought the game at a Guitar Center for $69.99 and I had a digital copy of his receipt (this is the general practice at fatwallet)

He says let me check on that....looks in his system and says yes I see it right here I can sell it to you for that price.

He Shoots....he SCOREES........GOAL.

he bags it all up nicely for us and after taxes it was just a tad over $72 bucks.

Since the Guitar Hero is used the cellophane was already removed...so we got it out the other night and took a few turns.....that game is harder than I imagined...I only got to play it once in a store and there was this 7 year old kid that was cutting any adult heads he could see.....so I did not stick around long being embarrassed by some whippersnapper....

But in the privacy of my own living room and my 56 inch widescreen....we had a blast missing notes LOL.

I took a turn that was really bad on full speed.....then found you could slow it down some while you are getting used to the controls.....passed it off and let the 10 year old have a turn because she was saying she could do soooo much better than old dad.....she sucked LOL.

Mom took a turn and did ok.....but Hanna the 2 year old was helping her out....just after we got both the kids to bed Mom and I took another turn each and were playing Heart's Barracuda.....I did pretty well this time getting 70% of all the notes correct.....handed it over to her and said well top that....and of course she did....75% on her first try at that song.

I ordered a 2nd guitar controller for it yesterday and it should be here in time for the weekend so Kazz and Mrs Kazz can practice up before the big labor day weekend party we are hosting for my 40th.

We are not going to get the Rockband out until my birthday tho....(well maybe we wont...I read last night that it all has to be set up and calibrated before you can play....so I might do that and put it all back in the box for her to open) So it can be played at the party. :-)

I had not had so much fun playing video games in years....but these 2 look like they will be a blast.

Spudman
August 13th, 2008, 07:57 AM
40? Uh oh! :eek:

Sounds like a fun game. I haven't got to try any of those yet but if the whole family can join in then yee haw. Good luck with the game but don't forget to play your real instrument too.

Happy early birthday. I'll send Edith your way soon.;)