PDA

View Full Version : Post War Dreaming

333maxwell
August 13th, 2008, 12:40 PM
One again, I thank you in advance for indulging me.. I would love to hear any feedback on this one.. maybe wrong place wrong time.. I dunno..

I just finished this lil tune, Started it yesterday, worked pretty hard on it, for hours in a row and finished it a few minutes ago.

The Vocals, Horns, Guitar, Bass.. all recorded one time through, no punch's.

I was shooting for a late 40's vibe, I call her 'Post War Dream'.

Don't laugh too hard... I hope at least someone gets it.. I mean I hope it is familar, acceptable, yet out of the norm enough to perk up an ear for a second or two. It's about all I could ask for on this one.

Again, it's just lil ol me with some relativly primative tools..

Thanks for your ear.

Post War Dreaming
lo-fi URL: http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=6804036&q=lo
hi-fi URL: http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=6804036&q=hi

R_of_G
August 13th, 2008, 12:53 PM
Hi Maxwell. Thanks a lot for posting that one. I enjoyed it quite a bit. Musically it reminded me a bit of Louis Armstrong's arrangement of "Blue Moon" which I like quite a bit. All of the instrumentation sounded very much like the period you are trying to evoke and the vocals were quite nice. Very well done!:AOK:

Steve206
August 13th, 2008, 12:57 PM
Maxwell,

Excellent stuff. Thought I heard waves breaking on a beach at the end.

Steve

333maxwell
August 13th, 2008, 02:01 PM
Hi Maxwell. Thanks a lot for posting that one. I enjoyed it quite a bit. Musically it reminded me a bit of Louis Armstrong's arrangement of "Blue Moon" which I like quite a bit. All of the instrumentation sounded very much like the period you are trying to evoke and the vocals were quite nice. Very well done!:AOK:

Hey, thanks for your time and thoughts.., appreciate it!

333maxwell
August 13th, 2008, 02:02 PM
Maxwell,

Excellent stuff. Thought I heard waves breaking on a beach at the end.

Steve
Thanks Steve...

Those weren't waves.. just my amaturish attempt at getting some vinly scratch sounds at the end.. *G*

Appreiate your time,

Katastrophe
August 13th, 2008, 07:44 PM
333maxwell, you do know how to evoke a mood!

Great tune, and loved the feel. I wish I had the talent to create music like that.

Fantastic work, man!

sunvalleylaw
August 13th, 2008, 09:42 PM
I like that vibe. For some reason, growing up, I always liked 40's stuff. Mostly war era, but post-war is cool too. I would say bring the guitar up in relation to the piano a bit, keep the vocals the same level in the mix, but put just a little more oomph and a little less breath into the vocal. Just a bit mind you. I say leave the clarinet(?) where it is in the mix, but I really like having it there. Cool, interesting project! Thanks for sharing!

Justaguyin_nc
August 14th, 2008, 11:55 AM
:bravo:

Creative.. inspiring and just a good listen...

Max "Harry Connick Jr" well.. once again a pleasure..

Always enjoy the way your mind goes on these..

Can see ya down in New Orleans sitting in with Harry..

:AOK:

333maxwell
August 14th, 2008, 02:38 PM
333maxwell, you do know how to evoke a mood!

Great tune, and loved the feel. I wish I had the talent to create music like that.

Fantastic work, man!

Kat.. thanks for the thoughts.. evoking a mood was the best I could hope for!

333maxwell
August 14th, 2008, 02:39 PM
I like that vibe. For some reason, growing up, I always liked 40's stuff. Mostly war era, but post-war is cool too. I would say bring the guitar up in relation to the piano a bit, keep the vocals the same level in the mix, but put just a little more oomph and a little less breath into the vocal. Just a bit mind you. I say leave the clarinet(?) where it is in the mix, but I really like having it there. Cool, interesting project! Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for the feedback.. I am tickled it resonates with so many..

333maxwell
August 14th, 2008, 02:40 PM
:bravo:

Creative.. inspiring and just a good listen...

Max "Harry Connick Jr" well.. once again a pleasure..

Always enjoy the way your mind goes on these..

Can see ya down in New Orleans sitting in with Harry..

:AOK:

Harry would fire me in a moment.. *G*

But I appreciate the time and thoughts..

oldguy
August 23rd, 2008, 08:12 PM
Nice job! Enjoyed this a bunch!:bravo: