PDA

View Full Version : Free Alice Cooper tickets

Spudman
August 13th, 2008, 01:54 PM
I just scored 2 free tickets for Alice Cooper tonight. The show is an hour from where I live. So I'll see the show - drive home - sleep for an hour - drive to Salt Lake City - catch a plane.

One of our local radio D.J.s likes my playing and will trade guitar lessons for the tickets. What a great guy. Thanks Rick at 102.5!:AOK:

If you read this Rick why don't you introduce yourself over at the 'fret players' forum.

luvmyshiner
August 13th, 2008, 03:52 PM
Sweet Spud! Can't wait to hear your review of the show.

M29
August 13th, 2008, 04:08 PM
Oh man congrats:rockon:

M29

Spudman
August 13th, 2008, 05:17 PM
I'm soooo excited. One of the first songs I ever learned to play with a band was Be My Lover. I've been a fan ever since.

Katastrophe
August 13th, 2008, 07:36 PM
Sweet! That's a great score, Spuds. I'm sure Mr. Furnier and Co. will put on a great show, filled with theatrical goodness. Throw yer fist up in the air and yell for me when Alice plays "No More Mr. Nice Guy," would ya?:AOK:

sunvalleylaw
August 13th, 2008, 11:32 PM
Cool Spud! Where was the show?

Spudman
August 13th, 2008, 11:44 PM
He opened with "No More Mr. Nice Guy" Kat. You would have loved it.

He did plenty of hits: School's Out, Under My Wheels, Elected, Only Women Bleed, but also did some classics: Cold Ethyl, Killer, Dead Babies, I Love The Dead.

First class show all the way. There is a big difference between some guys playing music and a thoughtfully worked out show. This was like clockwork and as entertaining as anything I've seen.

Eric Singer (Kiss) was playing drums and Keri Kelli (http://www.kerikelli.com/)on lead guitar. Alice also had his 3 daughters acting parts for the skits. So I guess you could say it was a family show.

The nearly full moon was out just off to the side of the stage and the weather perfect. Wonderful evening and show.

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w149/srspud/People/AliceCooper071.jpg

Kazz
August 14th, 2008, 04:53 AM
I met Alice several years back when he stayed at the hotel I worked for back in the day....we had to take him to the video store and help him rent some horror flicks....actually got to watch the Romero version of Night of the Living Dead with him before we had to take him over to the stadium to get ready for that nights show....very humble down to earth guy until the lights dim and the curtain falls.

Seeing him perform has always been a treat for me...especially after meeting him.

Justaguyin_nc
August 14th, 2008, 12:34 PM
I just scored 2 free tickets for Alice Cooper tonight..

You lucky b*st*rd!!

Mommy where's daddy? He's been gone for so long.
Do you think he'll ever come home?

I think Alice is and has been a great showman over the years..
Not to mention quite freaky!!

:AOK: