PDA

View Full Version : Danelectro Baritone

Highway_61
August 13th, 2008, 02:57 PM
Hello, All,
I'm doing some clips of a new Danelectro Baritone. Here's the first one.
I'm using Audacity.
The microphone is just one they included in a "buy a stand and get a free microphone" deal. I think it's a ::eek:: Nady.

It's a one take recording I made after downloading a drum track that seemed like it would fit with a song I'm writing.

Here's a picture of the setup:

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b50/Highway_61/DCP_1137.jpg

https://www.yousendit.com/download/Q...UEN6NEpFQlE9PQ

Jipes
August 14th, 2008, 08:35 AM
:confused: :confused: :confused: Why did you delete the file ? The guitar looks really nice what tuning do you use ?

Highway_61
August 14th, 2008, 10:43 AM
:confused: :confused: :confused: Why did you delete the file ? The guitar looks really nice what tuning do you use ?

Hello.
I didn't actually delete that file. I'm not sure what happened.
This link should work, but let me know, please, if it does not.

https://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=Smp1Rm94ZEtRYTgwTVE9PQ

I'll be making another clip later today--this first one was made hours after receiving the guitar and working to get it set up-- so I hope you will give that a listen, as well.

Thanks for the heads up re: the file glitch.

Jipes
August 14th, 2008, 11:22 AM
Hello.
I didn't actually delete that file. I'm not sure what happened.
This link should work, but let me know, please, if it does not.

https://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=Smp1Rm94ZEtRYTgwTVE9PQ

I'll be making another clip later today--this first one was made hours after receiving the guitar and working to get it set up-- so I hope you will give that a listen, as well.

Thanks for the heads up re: the file glitch.

Now it works fine ;) and I'm very happy that I insist because it's really f*****g damn groovy Highway61 :master: I really like your playing and the nice sound of the Baritone

really great :rockon:

tjcurtin1
August 14th, 2008, 07:25 PM
Yeah! What a great sound that bari has - right between a bass and standard guitar. Slick playing, too!

Highway_61
August 15th, 2008, 01:21 AM
Now it works fine ;) and I'm very happy that I insist because it's really f*****g damn groovy Highway61 :master: I really like your playing and the nice sound of the Baritone

really great :rockon:

Man, thank you times a thousand. I truly appreciate it.

Lev
August 15th, 2008, 01:22 AM
really great clip, just wondering do you need to be careful with your choice of amp when playing one of these? I guess you need something with a great bottom end but not quite a bass amp.

Highway_61
August 15th, 2008, 01:24 AM
Yeah! What a great sound that bari has - right between a bass and standard guitar. Slick playing, too!

Thank you very much. Truly.

Highway_61
August 15th, 2008, 01:27 AM
really great clip, just wondering do you need to be careful with your choice of amp when playing one of these? I guess you need something with a great bottom end but not quite a bass amp.

Well, my idea was to use the Danelecto Nifty Seventy bass amp that I use in the YouTube video, but I plugged into the Pathfinder 10, and I like the sound.

When I play out, I always mic the amp, so I think I might be able to get away with using the 10, but we'll see.

If I played bigger places, I think I would definitely buy and try a Princeton Chorus (I see you have one listed in your sig.) I love the PC's clean, and I am sure the two 10s would handle anything I could give it with the Dano well, pretty sure).

Jipes
August 15th, 2008, 03:00 AM
CAn I ask you again what tuning do you use ?

I tried a Fender Baritone some months ago and was very close to buy it but didn't :confused:

Hearing your clip made me reconsider this ;)

M29
August 15th, 2008, 04:56 PM
That was awesome Highway_61 Haven't experienced a bari until now. Awesome and nice playing.

M29

tot_Ou_tard
August 15th, 2008, 08:45 PM
I haven't knowingly heard a bari before either...funkalicious!!!!

jpfeifer
August 19th, 2008, 04:20 PM
Great sounding track. The guitar sounds great, especially with the slide. It has a very nice tone, especially for this style. Great playing!! What tuning are you using for your slide work. Very nice.

-- Jim

Highway_61
October 26th, 2008, 01:06 PM
Is it okay to post a reply two months after the fact?

(Sorry)

The baritone was tuned to Open Bb.

Thanks, everyone, for all the compliments.