PDA

View Full Version : original music

Steve206
August 13th, 2008, 08:54 PM
Let me say that I am aware of the faults in these recordings that I share with you folks. I enjoy hearing the stabs that I am making as much as I enjoy the folks who really know how to play.

I could just sit in the background but have decided to put it out there as more of a balance point. Let some of the others see that there is nothing wrong with misplaced notes.

I do not know how to play lead lines. Scales and practice have never really worked their way into my life. This does not stop me from trying to make music and even record it.

I listened to one of the clips by "Maxwell", with some clarinet sounds and it goaded me into breaking out my marine band harp. First time in 10 years and that time was only to try to get one of my boys interested.

Doing it over again, I should have left the distorted guitar part off of the track and just left the harp.

What the heck???

Stevehttp://www.box.net/shared/qfa9y55zbx

mrmudcat
August 13th, 2008, 09:40 PM
Liked it brother,and I think your instinct about harp or guitar were spot on.That is my opinion though;)

Carlström
August 14th, 2008, 05:09 AM
nice mood in that one, as you said yourself the distorted guitar would have been better left out of the tune. with the headphones i'm listening through here at work i would say the acoustic guitar could be raised a tad in the mix aswell, but could be the headphones that does it.

M29
August 14th, 2008, 08:11 AM
Man that had a nice feel to it! Nice job:AOK: I wonder how it would sound with the guitar doing a back and forth kind of thing with the harp. All in all thought I liked it, nice feel and nice sound!

Edited again. As I listen to it more I do hear a back and forth with the harp and guitar. Early on it has an Allman Brothers kind of feel that is nice.

M29

warren0728
August 14th, 2008, 08:12 AM
nice...i kinda like the distorted guitar....kind of a nice yin and yang thing going on with it and the acoustic and harp.... :AOK:

ww

Justaguyin_nc
August 14th, 2008, 12:09 PM
Personally, I got a kick out of it...

I always relate things to music...

I could see this playing in the background of a movie while someone
traveled the highways in their car or by train looking at the country side fly by out the window......

thanks for sharing!

Overall..I thought it was quite good.. Harp tones are really shining here.