PDA

View Full Version : First Gig

Squireman131
August 14th, 2008, 07:13 PM
So my brother is in a band called anointing the sick in which he plays drums. They are very good at least i think and they have a gig set up for Saturday of next week. They play speed metal, of which im used playing as i like lamb of god and other bands like that. There rhythm guitarist never shows up for practice so they have hired me to be there rhythm guitarist for a week. I have to learn 3 songs one of which i know and the other two i know little snippets of. It will be my first live gig, besides like jazz band so im really pumped for it but also kinda freaked about it to. So we are practicing all week and i am receiving tabs tomorrow so i will be playing guitar almost non-stop next week. Should be exciting.

evenkeel
August 14th, 2008, 07:18 PM
Very, Very cool. Good on ya. :bravo:

Relax and Have Fun. If you're having a blast, so will the audience.

Looking forward to a post gig report!!!

scgmhawk
August 14th, 2008, 07:20 PM
It'll be a blast. enjoy yourself!:dude:

Katastrophe
August 14th, 2008, 07:44 PM
Awesome!

Remember to have fun with it, and don't worry if you make a mistake - KEEP PLAYING. Odds are the audience won't notice.

It's gonna be fun... and addicting.:AOK:

sunvalleylaw
August 14th, 2008, 11:15 PM
Good deal! Have fun!

Brian Krashpad
August 15th, 2008, 07:34 AM
Mojo sent! Make sure you get some mementos like taking some pics. Only one first show ever!

Have fun.

Plank_Spanker
August 16th, 2008, 07:37 PM
Do your homework well and get those tunes down.

Get on that stage and melt faces!

You're going to be nervous, and that's not a bad thing...........................and there are few rushes in the world like being in front of a crowd and tearing it up. Once you get a taste, you'll want more.

Knock 'em dead! :AOK:

Squireman131
August 21st, 2008, 12:36 AM
So gigs off we apparently had to get a 30 minute setlist...which they dont have that many songs.... but i do have a marching band "gig" tommorow haha

bigoldron
August 21st, 2008, 02:13 PM
Bummer dude! :( Marching band ain't quite the same... :messedup:

Squireman131
August 21st, 2008, 09:52 PM
nah not even close haha, closest ive got was a jazz band gig in the mall