PDA

View Full Version : Every Day I have the Blues

sunvalleylaw
August 15th, 2008, 04:31 PM
I was really getting into the Mayer Trio's version of this on his DVD, and thought I'd find the history of the song. First I thought it was a BB King piece, but no, this guy wrote it. So here are 3 different versions in chron order. What a great song!

HxT14Mw2nGM Memphis Slim

WSZuwTZaTjk BB King

wcgeNeCh5CA Mayer Trio

Ok, one more, Chuck Berry with T-Bone Walker

dampex4f4is

evenkeel
August 15th, 2008, 05:23 PM
Great post!!! Way cool to listen to the different takes on the tune.

Obviously it's not a contest but BB's versions just grabs me. His stinging guitar licks seem the perfect foil for the tune.

Good stuff, thanks!! :master:

just strum
August 15th, 2008, 06:25 PM
I can't get the first one to go unless there is a 10 minute intro of that thing circling the center.

birv2
August 15th, 2008, 06:58 PM
Great post, Steve!

We should do more of this chronicling of the evolution of a tune.

And you gotta love T-Bone trying to give Chuck his guitar back while Chuck is dancing away!
:bravo:
Bob

sunvalleylaw
August 15th, 2008, 07:44 PM
I can't get the first one to go unless there is a 10 minute intro of that thing circling the center.

I checked it and it works now. I had a similar issue with a BB one earlier. I was guessing it was a connection or bandwidth thing. You gotta love Youtube though for the ability to do this. I think it is fun to trace back a tune.

Bossfan
August 16th, 2008, 12:17 AM
Fantastic posting. Thanks for taking the time -love to see the contrast between the modern bluesman in Mayer compared against BB King and the others. Really cool!:AOK:

Jimi75
August 16th, 2008, 05:10 AM
I love such work/posts!

Great Steve - Thank oyu for that!

:bravo:

duhvoodooman
August 16th, 2008, 08:38 AM
Very cool. And while looking at the related YouTube links on the Memphis Slim video, I came across the following. Check out the line-up in this band!!!! :eek:

irXywhqP1ho

sunvalleylaw
August 16th, 2008, 09:40 AM
Yeah, DVM! I stopped by that one too. What a lineup!

warren0728
August 16th, 2008, 09:50 AM
great post svl :AOK: each version was great in it's own way! :bravo: :beer:

ww