PDA

View Full Version : Boss Loop Station

Spudman
May 25th, 2006, 09:49 PM
Boss RC20XL Loop Station Pedal with 16-Minute Sampling

I have had my loop station for almost a year now. I absolutely love it.
It is a phrase catcher that you can continually loop parts into until you fill up the internal 16 minute memory, and that's a lot of playing.

There are 11 possible spots to catch and save single or multi stacked looped phrases that you can play back at any time. Even in reverse if you want to. With an optional momentary pedal you can scroll through the saved samples in forward order or reverse order. Say that you have a verse that you captured and a chorus and a bridge. You can move between the saved parts at will and play your song-with the ability to overdub and add to each saved phrase.

The unit has two other inputs that allows you to also sample and save. One is another 1/4" input for a microphone and the other is a mini 1/8" stereo. Why would you want a 1/8" stereo plug you ask? Because the unit comes with a CD full of sounds and rhythm tracks courtesy of Roland. They are high quality percussion and full rhythm ensemble samples with plenty of groove factor. These sounds can be loaded into any of the 11 spots and saved to be played back and dubbed over at will. This feature is NOT limited to the sounds on the CD. IT'S A RECORDER! Anything you want to put on it you can. One last thing about this feature. You can put in percussion sounds to be played with the automatic beat sound as well. That's right. You can tap your foot to the meter you are playing at - tell the unit what each beat should sound like (and what time signature to some degree) and play away to a cowbell or a bass drum or a foot stomping or what ever in the meter you wanted.

For one man band situations and home jamming and creative endeavors this unit excels. If you are jamming at home and come up with a great riff or chord change and you don't want to forget it...just press a pedal and you have it saved. Never again loose those great ideas. Plus you can download them out of the unit to archive as well.

There are a lot more features and uses possible with this unit. I simply wanted to make you aware that there is a great tool that allows you to have an instant jamming partner. It will also help your rhythmic timing as well which is one of the great things about playing with other people. Now you don't have to call up and try to schedule all those people...just go plug in and play away.

Spudman
October 30th, 2007, 11:15 AM
For all you new to the forum folks who described their skill level as less than they would like it to be...these loopers are a great way to improve.

sunvalleylaw
October 30th, 2007, 07:13 PM
I love mine! I found it used on Harmony Central for a lot less than retail. It really helps for learning. Thanks for suggesting it.

Tim
October 30th, 2007, 08:03 PM
I have the RC-2, which is the smaller brother. It is helping me to improve my rhythmic chord playing and timing. These are great tools. I also love my looper pedal. Programing some of the Fretter's backing tracks is simple and great to play along with.

tot_Ou_tard
October 30th, 2007, 08:55 PM
I love my RC-2 as well. A looper with a drum samples is essential for the beginning guitarist.

Tone2TheBone
October 30th, 2007, 09:53 PM
Tim!

Algonquin
November 4th, 2007, 07:36 PM
I love my RC-2 as well. A looper with a drum samples is essential for the beginning guitarist.

After reading this thread, and doing a little research I'm thinking this may find its way into my house in the not to distant future.

This looks like an aweful lot of fun, and that's all I'm really playing for anyway!

I sense an oncoming GAS attack! :drool:

Tim
November 5th, 2007, 07:27 AM
Tim!

WHAT?

Robert
November 5th, 2007, 07:46 AM
I'm a JamMan user myself. It's good but doesn't have much for drum loops. However, it has USB so you can import whatever loops you want into it. It also records the loops at 44,100 hz. Both the Boss and JamMan are good.

sunvalleylaw
November 5th, 2007, 09:02 AM
WHAT?

LOL!!! Hope you are doing well. I still need to follow up with you on some things. I didn't forget. Talk to you soon.

Steve

just strum
November 5th, 2007, 11:53 AM
For all you new to the forum folks who described their skill level as less than they would like it to be...these loopers are a great way to improve.

What makes you feel this way about a looper?

Just a curiosity question.

Tim
November 6th, 2007, 04:52 PM
LOL!!! Hope you are doing well. I still need to follow up with you on some things. I didn't forget. Talk to you soon.

Steve

Still packing! We are just about done. I shut down the main computer on Saturday. The movers come on Monday. I will be using the lap top to check in as we make our week long trip to Pittsburgh. I understand it's cold up there.

Hmm! Still did not get a reply from Tone. Where are you Tone?

Tone2TheBone
November 6th, 2007, 05:23 PM
WHAT?

Good to see you. :beer:

Robert
November 6th, 2007, 05:47 PM
Good to see you Tim! Don't be a stranger!

Big_Rob
November 7th, 2007, 02:50 PM
I told my wife thats what I wanted for Christmas