PDA

View Full Version : The Age Old Question

just strum
August 16th, 2008, 08:47 AM
Probably almost as common as "What strings are best?", I ask "where do picks go after you lay them down?"

Well, as I've lost dozens of picks, I now find I cannot find the jack adapter for the headphones I recently purchased. Somewhere in this house there has to be a big pile of those little tings that vanish.

ted s
August 16th, 2008, 10:28 AM
Do you have a cat Strum ??

just strum
August 16th, 2008, 10:45 AM
Do you have a cat Strum ??

Yes, but outside of food, she has no interest. She weights 30 lbs, so if the car was missing, then I would suspect her.

wingsdad
August 16th, 2008, 10:45 AM
I think ted's onto something, there...you do have a cat, dont' you, Strum?

I do, and he thinks anything not nailed down or locked up belongs to his toy collection to swat round.

Have you looked under the furniture?

just strum
August 16th, 2008, 10:48 AM
I think ted's onto something, there...you do have a cat, dont' you, Strum?

I do, and he thinks anything not nailed down or locked up belongs to his toy collection to swat round.

Have you looked under the furniture?

No, the cat only comes in the guitar room to eat and then she leaves. At night and when no one is home, the door is closed.

bigoldron
August 16th, 2008, 12:02 PM
They go into the same black hole that the missing socks go to...

ShootTheGlass
August 16th, 2008, 12:55 PM
In the hoover, definitely.

Failing that, Ive had a few go past the drum seal, and get caught in the filter of the washing machine - i leave them in pockets, stick the jeans in the wash, out come the picks :D

Katastrophe
August 16th, 2008, 01:03 PM
I suspect all those items are in the same place as:

The missing half of a pair of socks,

Where car keys reside temporarily,

and where sunglasses hide as well.

I'm constantly losing picks, which is why I buy a lot of them at a time.:D

just strum
August 16th, 2008, 01:07 PM
Picks and socks I can handle, but the jack adapter is driving me nuts. I know the thing is in sight and I'll roll my eyes when I locate it.

Tone2TheBone
August 17th, 2008, 09:21 PM
I used to lose those things all the time don't feel bad. Want me to mail you a few? :) I keep them stashed here and there so I think I can spare a couple. :beer:

Robert
August 17th, 2008, 09:26 PM
My picks seem to be everywhere sometimes .... yet I can never find one when I need one. :whatever:

Spudman
August 17th, 2008, 11:03 PM
Mine are always where I left them and I don't have any pets.