PDA

View Full Version : 100m Finals - Usain Bolt

Jimi75
August 17th, 2008, 03:03 AM
What was that? Man this guy disqualified the reamaining field. I strongly hope that he wasn't doped, because he definitely set a new standard here.

:master:

tot_Ou_tard
August 17th, 2008, 07:46 AM
What was that? Man this guy disqualified the reamaining field. I strongly hope that he wasn't doped, because he definitely set a new standard here.

:master:
Yeah, there have been a lot of new world records set at the olympics. You'd think with tighter drug scrutiny that the times would fall off.

If they are clean then Wow!

peachhead
August 17th, 2008, 11:10 AM
And he slowed down right at the end. The announcers were saying they thought he threw away a 9.5 time. Wow, that dude can fly!

evenkeel
August 17th, 2008, 02:57 PM
Bolt's performance was just off the charts. This was supposed to be a epic battle with Tyson Gay and Asafa Powell. I do think a 9.5 was very possible w/o all the celebrating. The testing has been much more extensive so every body in the track and field universe is hopeful everybody is clean. The sport does not need another scandal.

What the runners do is just astounding. The just finished 10k (6.2 miles for you non metric types) was won in just over 27 minutes. That's about 4 minutes and 20 seconds per mile, or just under 65 seconds per lap for 25 laps. Essentially sprinting for 6 miles.