PDA

View Full Version : Oh no more

SuperSwede
August 17th, 2008, 02:50 PM
1) My son fell down from a chair last week and had to spend 24 hours in the hospital. (luckily he only got a mild concussion!)
Now almost a week later he is 100% alright and is climbing chairs again.

2) My wife called me yesterday and told me "all the little lights on the dashboard started to blink, and I get strange text messages on the console about various engine failures".

We had to tow the car to the workshop (On a saturday!!!).
The tow dude looked under the hood and told me that the generator belt had jumped off. so the a/c , battery and the servo didnt work.

The car also puts itself in some kind of fail-safe mode which apparently means that a mechanic (peugeot certified) have to reset it by plugging in to both a computer and obviously my VISA card.

*** sigh ***

3) it rains a lot today, and it will rain a lot tomorrow.
The shop wasnt open so I didnt get a rental car.

4) I have to WALK to work (30 minutes)

5) I have to WALK to the repair shop.

6) Its not certain that the car will be fixed by then.

tot_Ou_tard
August 17th, 2008, 03:09 PM
That sure sucks SS, I'm glad that the Swedino is fine after his fall.

As far as your car goes, that sucks too, but it beats the week FB_Surfer had.

Robert
August 17th, 2008, 03:38 PM
Ajaj, inge vidare!
Sounds like you need to record a blues about that - "Oh, No More" - blues!

M29
August 17th, 2008, 04:04 PM
Good to hear your son is ok, what a scare that must have been.

Drats with car issues.

Sounds like The Peugeot-No-Go Blues to me:D

M29

ShortBuSX
August 17th, 2008, 04:35 PM
Man, I gotta stop hangin out around here...yall are bad luck! :poke:

Katastrophe
August 17th, 2008, 06:20 PM
A concussion! Wow, I'm glad he's doing better. Kinda makes you want to put padding down around the whole house!

Sorry to hear about the car troubles... I hope they get fixed quickly and as inexpensively as possible.

sumitomo
August 17th, 2008, 07:43 PM
Glad to hear your son is ok and car issues give me G.A.S.Sumi:D

Tone2TheBone
August 17th, 2008, 09:17 PM
As long as your son is ok everything will be alright. Sorry that things have sucked lately my friend.

sunvalleylaw
August 17th, 2008, 11:56 PM
As long as your son is ok everything will be alright. Sorry that things have sucked lately my friend.

Agreed. I am sure glad your boy is ok.

SuperSwede
August 18th, 2008, 09:13 AM
The son is well, but I have to admit that I was really scared when we drove to the ER with him. He was gone there for a while and it didnt look so good.

I called the repair shop today about the car, I will be able to pick it up tomorrow.. it didnt cost THAT much (the cost seems to equal about 4 boss pedals and a behringer).

Bloozcat
August 18th, 2008, 10:13 AM
Ajaj, inge vidare!
Sounds like you need to record a blues about that - "Oh, No More" - blues!

Nope, sorry, can't write a blues song about a Peugeot dying anymore than you can write one about drinkin' yourself to death on champagne. Now if it was a old Cadillac, then you'd have a blues song...:D

sunvalleylaw
August 18th, 2008, 10:24 AM
I am glad your son is well. On the auto front, I had an adventure this weekend. I had the kids in the truck, with an outboard boat on a single axle trailer behind the truck. I started hearing a vibration, and said to myself that I should check the bearings when we got to our destination, which was about 20 min away. Then it got a bit louder, and I noticed the driver side trailer tire was shedding some tread. We were in a place with no shoulders and no where to pull over, but a spot was coming up. Then it started to get worse, and the plastic fender started rubbing on the tire. I got to the wide spot in the road, and got pulled over safely. I got out and went back to find that one or more of the lug nuts had worked loose, then the rest sheered, and the wheel was supporting the axle by the grease fittings on the hub. It was not connected to the hub at all. I was chagrined that I had not got pulled over sooner, or noticed sooner, but so much more thankful that I had got pulled over safely without the whole mess coming apart with the kids in the car at speed. I am not sure what would have happened had that wheel come all the way off and the trailer dropped on its u-bolt at 65 MPH. Another guy whose trailer was at the shop had just that happen, and got it shut down safely, but I am so glad we are all safe and did not have to deal with that.

As I tried to pull it a few feet further off the road, the wheel fell off completely. At low speed though, and in a spot I could live with. I had to have the boat and trailer hauled in from the middle of nowhere in the Sawtooth mountains back to Hailey in the Sun Valley area to the tire shop.

It is going to run me about $200 to fix with a new wheel, new tire and rebuilding the grease fittings on the hub. So that is my weekend auto story! Check your lug nuts before you trailer. I had never really thought about that before, and those lug nuts have not been touched in years.

SuperSwede
August 18th, 2008, 10:47 AM
Next accident and I´m raiding the kids piggy banks.. :D

It sounds like a hairy experience sunvalley-steve! I´m glad that you and the kids are alright!!

marnold
August 18th, 2008, 11:30 AM
My kids are at the "walking disaster" stage of life and my car has 200K miles on it. To quote Bubba, "I feel your pain."

Jimi75
August 18th, 2008, 03:30 PM
"Blues is falling down like hail" that's what Robert Johnson said about such situations in life. Glad to hear your son is well again. The last two vacations my son was sick on the first few days and we had to see a doctor in Spain and in the Netherlands. I don't wanna say this kind of ruined the start of the holidays, but man this gave me some heavy blues :-)

luvmyshiner
August 18th, 2008, 06:16 PM
Man, sounds like last week was rough for a lot of folks. Swede, I'm glad the little one is doing well. As much collective bad luck as we've seen on the Fret, I think it's time for the pendulum to swing back around and give everyone a break for awhile.

Childbride
August 18th, 2008, 07:11 PM
SS... very glad your son is ok!!! :)