PDA

View Full Version : Johnson Amp's J-Station

Dauntless
August 18th, 2008, 09:20 AM
Anybody else use one?
I've had mine for 5 or 6 years and can't find anything else that gives me the tone I like.
I use mine thru a clean Rouge SS amp so I have only the J-Station effects.

aeolian
August 19th, 2008, 02:39 PM
I've had mine since around 2002. I got it so I can play without making noise, and then I started using it for recording. I think it has a very decent sound and many of the effects are quite useable. I don't use any pedals with it. When I started playing bass I found the bass sims great for recording too.

An example of a recording I did is Sleepwalk (http://home.comcast.net/~kitn13/music/slpwalk.mp3). All the guitars and bass parts are played through my J-Station direct into a digital 8-track recorder.

Dauntless
August 19th, 2008, 10:24 PM
Very nice!
Have you tried any of the newer systems out there and found them sounding sterile, compared to the J-Station?
I wouldn't give mine up.

stingx
August 20th, 2008, 06:06 AM
I've had mine since around 2002. I got it so I can play without making noise, and then I started using it for recording. I think it has a very decent sound and many of the effects are quite useable. I don't use any pedals with it. When I started playing bass I found the bass sims great for recording too.

An example of a recording I did is Sleepwalk (http://home.comcast.net/~kitn13/music/slpwalk.mp3). All the guitars and bass parts are played through my J-Station direct into a digital 8-track recorder.

I enjoyed listening to that. Great playing! I never owned a J-station but know many that have used it with great results such as yourself. I did "borrow" a Johnson modeling amp for a spell and liked it so much I tried to buy it from my friend. I believe it was the JM60 Marquis. He wouldn't part with it. I saw a similar one used in a local Sam Ash about two years ago. They wanted absurd money for it and it was really beat up and missing a few things plus no book could be found for it. I passed. I would still like to pick one of these up if I see one for the right price and in the right condition.