PDA

View Full Version : About Members' Soundclips

stingx
August 20th, 2008, 05:57 AM
In the past several months I have had more sites blocked by the company's firewall. Box.net is one of them being blocked - they frown on "online storage". Other sites blocked are the ones deemed "social networking" such as myspace, facebook, etc. Funnily enough, some sites that were blocked, mostly forums, are no longer blocked. Anyway, I use to do the majority of my listening throughout the day in my office and this is no longer possible. It is a bit tough to try and make the time to catch up when I get home as I have an 8 month old that is awfully needy and wants to play with daddy. What I am trying to say is I am a bit miffed at losing box.net and just wanted to let you know that my lack of response has nothing to do with lack of interest.

Here...have a pancake :pancake:

Question to Robert. If a few more donations were to be made, could additional space be provided for short term storage of members' clips right here? Just curious. On the other hand, soundclick.com still works for me and most if not all of you guys should be using that as a musical webspace location for yourselves anyway. It's one of the best sites around for this kind of content.

Cheers.

Robert
August 20th, 2008, 07:29 AM
Well, I am not too keen on a lot of space on the Fret for storing files. There are performance issues with doing this. However, let me think about it for a bit.

Kazz
August 26th, 2008, 04:52 AM
You can always go into your internet explorer options connections tab and take the check out of the use proxy box to get around that blasted Websense.

bigoldron
August 26th, 2008, 05:48 AM
You can always go into your internet explorer options connections tab and take the check out of the use proxy box to get around that blasted Websense.

I'm a computer tech in a school system and we are mandated by federal law to have a filtering device in place. Anyone caught attempting to bypass the filter is punished. I would imagine that if your company has a filter in place and you deliberately try to bypass it, that could definitely be grounds for firing you. So, don't go there, Stingx! I know it's frustrating, but better to be safe than sorry.

As far as removing the proxy settings to bypass the filter, in many cases that doesn't work because if it's set to true proxy, removing the settings will kill ALL internet access on your computer.

markb
August 27th, 2008, 02:17 AM
I'm a computer tech in a school system and we are mandated by federal law to have a filtering device in place. Anyone caught attempting to bypass the filter is punished. I would imagine that if your company has a filter in place and you deliberately try to bypass it, that could definitely be grounds for firing you. So, don't go there, Stingx! I know it's frustrating, but better to be safe than sorry.

As far as removing the proxy settings to bypass the filter, in many cases that doesn't work because if it's set to true proxy, removing the settings will kill ALL internet access on your computer.

What Ron said! I used to work for a company who blocked ALL streaming media. They were a wee bit embarrassed when their CEO's webcast of the annual results couldn't be accessed by anyone in the company. IIRC the man who made that decision was the most indignant about it :rotflmao: .