PDA

View Full Version : Complete re-mix.. new and improved?

333maxwell
August 20th, 2008, 08:21 AM
And it gets clothes whiter too..

I took all the advice from these forums, and actualy listened and completly re-mixed Post War Dreaming.

Now if I can pester anyone who heard the original to give it one more listen and let me know if the advice worked better.

It went as follows

1. Can't hear the vocals. bad mix... Fix it

2. Too busy of a clarinet, competes with vocals... fix it

3. Can't hear any guitar, are you sure you used a guitar... fix it

4. Piano too loud and busy.. fix it

5. Bass too low.. fix it

Well... I've gave it my best to fix what I had... with what I have..

Post War Dreaming
http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6804036

Post War Dreaming
lo-fi URL: http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=6804036&q=lo
hi-fi URL: http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=6804036&q=hi

R_of_G
August 20th, 2008, 08:33 AM
I still enjoyed it Maxwell. I didn't actually have any issues with the original mix, I thought it all sounded as if it were a recording from the period you are trying to evoke, but I do like this "cleaner" mix as well. Either way, it's a lovely performance.

333maxwell
August 20th, 2008, 11:00 AM
I still enjoyed it Maxwell. I didn't actually have any issues with the original mix, I thought it all sounded as if it were a recording from the period you are trying to evoke, but I do like this "cleaner" mix as well. Either way, it's a lovely performance.

Thanks my friend.. you are very kind..

I just want to fine tune this one enough so that years later when I pull it out of obscurity for a minute, it will make me smile and think I gave it a good effort..

I really appriescate your thoughts..

stingx
August 20th, 2008, 11:40 AM
I tried to cue up the prior version but wasn't successful. I listened to your remix through a pair of Sony MDR cans and I dig the mix. I like how the instruments are all nicely spaced and sit. This song gave me a nostalgic feeling and I saved it to my player. I had to go directly to your soundclick site and pick if from the songs list, that's the only way it plays through my firewall. Stupid work rules...

I enjoyed this. I hope you don't tinker too much with it or drive yourself crazy. I know I do that myself - constantly going back and fixing this and that. I'm sure the rest of the feedback is going to be very similar :bravo:

aeolian
August 20th, 2008, 12:13 PM
This is crazy good! Everything sit perfectly in the song, lovely. I've already listened to it 3 times.

I remember some of your previously songs, you are one great talent.

M29
August 21st, 2008, 07:14 AM
Very nicely done 333maxwell, very nice indeed:AOK:

M29

333maxwell
August 21st, 2008, 11:44 AM
I tried to cue up the prior version but wasn't successful. I listened to your remix through a pair of Sony MDR cans and I dig the mix. I like how the instruments are all nicely spaced and sit. This song gave me a nostalgic feeling and I saved it to my player. I had to go directly to your soundclick site and pick if from the songs list, that's the only way it plays through my firewall. Stupid work rules...

I enjoyed this. I hope you don't tinker too much with it or drive yourself crazy. I know I do that myself - constantly going back and fixing this and that. I'm sure the rest of the feedback is going to be very similar :bravo:

Thanks for the thoughts..

ANd of course I am driving myself crazy.. *L*.. the only way to find relief is to get the silly song outta my head.. *G*

333maxwell
August 21st, 2008, 11:45 AM
This is crazy good! Everything sit perfectly in the song, lovely. I've already listened to it 3 times.

I remember some of your previously songs, you are one great talent.

You are more than kind..

I don't know about 'talent' But I do have a tenacity for making sure everyone heard the durn song..*G*

Appreciate your time!~

333maxwell
August 21st, 2008, 11:46 AM
Very nicely done 333maxwell, very nice indeed:AOK:

M29

thanks my friend.. I apreciate your taking the effort to give her a listen.

FrankAxtell
August 21st, 2008, 04:14 PM
It was good before... but now it's ultra slick...Bravo!:bravo:

sunvalleylaw
August 21st, 2008, 04:29 PM

Concur! I really like the new mix and think it highlights how good the song is. I like it a lot!

333maxwell
August 22nd, 2008, 08:23 PM

Frank.. you wouldn't lie to me now would ya? (juzz shake yer head up and down)..

When you take the time to comment on my silly songs, I take that as an honour my friend!

Thanks!

333maxwell
August 22nd, 2008, 08:28 PM
Concur! I really like the new mix and think it highlights how good the song is. I like it a lot!

THe song is better than I can deliver! *L*..

This silly song has been in my head and making me want to just record it all over.. simple enough song.. just have to get in the mood.. ... right?? *L*

And the last 'mood' I was in to record it, I woke up with a bit of a headache..

I wish I could deliver the song like I hear and feel it.. ..

But it really means a lot that you opened your mind and heard how the song 'could be' too..

I love this forum and you and your time for that!

oldguy
August 23rd, 2008, 08:18 PM
Even better! Keep 'em coming..........!:D

tot_Ou_tard
August 24th, 2008, 06:05 AM
Me likey Maxwell.

Time to get a martini & gaze misty-eyed at a view of NYC at night.

FrankAxtell
August 24th, 2008, 12:08 PM
Frank.. you wouldn't lie to me now would ya? (juzz shake yer head up and down)..

When you take the time to comment on my silly songs, I take that as an honour my friend!

Thanks!Man...I think your stuff is really good...you have a completely unique musical voice. You don't sound like anybody else and that is great. That is what I myself am attempting to do....find that unique inner musical voice that transcends all my influences which are many. Just keep up your writting and recording and know that the musicians with an ear will know it when they hear it! :)