PDA

View Full Version : Scorch - anyone know how to get it to work?

tjcurtin1
August 21st, 2008, 01:26 PM
Tried downloading Scorch to read a tab that Sunvalley gave a link to, but could not get it to work in either Firefox or Explorer. IN Explorer I could see the test score they provide, but couldn't get any sound from it. In Firefox, I could not see the tab after the install... frustrating! Tried the fixes suggested on Scorch site, but to no avail...

sunvalleylaw
August 21st, 2008, 01:54 PM
I just downloaded the plug in, in Safari mind you, ran the install program, then quit and re-started Safari, and re-opened the link to the page. Then I saw the notation and tab, and had tape recorder type buttons along the top of the page, including play/pause etc., print, a tempo control, and the like. I pressed play and it plays the notation in a midi type voice, with a marker going through the notation. I have not tried it in Explorer or Firefox, but I did see a windows version.

tjcurtin1
August 21st, 2008, 02:12 PM
Thanks, Steve - Safari, eh? Maybe I'll try that...

[edit: And maybe then I won't... not being an Apple user:thwap: ]

Ted

warren0728
August 21st, 2008, 02:26 PM
can't help you with "scorch" but if you need help with "scotch" then i'm your man!! :AOK: \_/ :AOK:

ww

sunvalleylaw
August 21st, 2008, 04:26 PM
Hey Ted, I just was messing around with Red Haired Boy and it wouldn't work on this computer, and said it did not find a sound device. I clicked around and found that if you click the button with quarter notes on the left side of the button bar, it allows you to select a playback device, and I selected the only one listed and tried again. Voila, it worked. Hope that works for you.

tjcurtin1
August 21st, 2008, 06:51 PM
Unfortunately, I don't get that far! There is just a big blank space where the score and controls are supposed to be... Thanks for the suggestion, tho.

tjcurtin1
August 21st, 2008, 06:52 PM
can't help you with "scorch" but if you need help with "scotch" then i'm your man!! :AOK: \_/ :AOK:

ww

After an hour and half of trying to get scorch to work, I was about ready for the scotch!

warren0728
August 21st, 2008, 07:41 PM
After an hour and half of trying to get scorch to work, I was about ready for the scotch!
:rotflmao: here you go ---> \_/ \_/ \_/

ww

tot_Ou_tard
August 22nd, 2008, 06:24 AM
Tried downloading Scorch to read a tab that Sunvalley gave a link to, but could not get it to work in either Firefox or Explorer. IN Explorer I could see the test score they provide, but couldn't get any sound from it. In Firefox, I could not see the tab after the install... frustrating! Tried the fixes suggested on Scorch site, but to no avail...

I do not see the TAB in Firefox, but Scorch works for me in Explorer. I did have problems when I intalled it about a year or 6 months ago. That is way to long in the past for me to have abiding memory of what I did. ;)

I do have additional issues with Firefox & Explorer.

Firefox: can read pdf files, but not view videos, or hear clips.

Explorer: can view videos & hear clips, but can't see pdf files.

tjcurtin1
August 22nd, 2008, 08:04 PM
Stranger still - it actually works fine for tabs on Sibelius' own website, in both foxfire and explorer... but nothing on the bluegrass site...!? Scorch guy suggested it was a problem somewhere on Bluegrass' end - they are checking but have never had the problem before...

I'll let you know if a fix is found.